What's new

R7800 New Firmware 1.0.2.0.4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Killhippie

Release notes

New Features and Enhancements:

• Enables the user to change the admin password during the router installation process.
  • Includes admin password protection for USB storage devices by default.
  • Allows for the same SSID for 2.4G and 5G WiFi.
Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the disconnect issue when Apple devices are in sleep mode.
  • Fixes the disconnect issue of IPv6 in some ISPs.
  • Fixes the issue in which the upload speed behind the R7800 can only reach one-third of the actual speed for some ISPs.
  • Fixes the issue in which ReadyCLOUD times out during registration.
  • Fixes the SOAP vulnerability issue when the user logs in using Windows genie.
  • Fixes the issue in which ReadyCLOUD APPs show "account / password" prompt every 1st time when access the USB storage from remote.
Known Issues:

• Intel7260/3160 gets connection problem with R7800 when the HT160 is enabled, this issue is from intel driver and intel is looking into this.
Just updated so will see how this goes.

Thank you for sharing. I saw this earlier today. When you go to update from the router's web GUI it does also say "other bug fixes" as well. That is nice Netgear, but what are those bugs that were fixed?

Looks good here as well, happy with it so far.

Installed on Wednesday as well. Solid so far.

Thank you NETGEAR Guy for taking the concerns on this forum seriously.

Do you mean the ability to edit the Dynamic QoS preferences? Unless I'm missing something because its very late here (possible) it all seems the same as before to me.

The option was named "Manual Qos" before the update. Now, it's nowhere to be found!

The option was named "Manual Qos" before the update. Now, it's nowhere to be found!
I have to say I dont ever remember seeing a 'Manual QoS tab, it was always as far as I remember a QoS Setup tab then activate Dynamic QoS and after downloading the latest update you could edit those rules. :confused:

I have to say I dont ever remember seeing a 'Manual QoS tab, it was always as far as I remember a QoS Setup tab then activate Dynamic QoS and after downloading the latest update you could edit those rules. :confused:

Please take a look..

pDozqLw.jpg

QoS works on R7000 in AP mode but NOT at R7800 in AP mode, why not?

Please take a look..

pDozqLw.jpg
If you are talking about the option to manually set your internet speed, that's still there on mine since the update. Did you do a hard reset after you updated the router? Quite a lot changed and the GUI could have got corrupted, if thats what you are saying is missing. Also its generally better to let the speedtest do the checking for you I have found, its more accurate, well it is for me. How did you come up with your own figures? Back to the manual speedest test set up I would hard reset your router and then enter everything manually, don't use a restore file as that can bring over its own set of issues too.

If you are talking about the option to manually set your internet speed, that's still there on mine since the update. Did you do a hard reset after you updated the router? Quite a lot changed and the GUI could have got corrupted, if thats what you are saying is missing. Also its generally better to let the speedtest do the checking for you I have found, its more accurate, well it is for me. How did you come up with your own figures? Back to the manual speedest test set up I would hard reset your router and then enter everything manually, don't use a restore file as that can bring over its own set of issues too.

What I meant was the option for QoS- Priority Rules is no longer available.

Thats the QoS in Router mode, the oic above.
QoS works on R7000 in AP mode, but NOT at R7800 in the same AP mode, why is that?
The pic under is from R7800 in AP mode

13497736_1132520776810647_9203443779490875769_o.jpg

Thats the QoS in Router mode, the oic above.
QoS works on R7000 in AP mode, but NOT at R7800 in the same AP mode, why is that?
The pic under is from R7800 in AP mode

13497736_1132520776810647_9203443779490875769_o.jpg
Possibly because its a completely different chipset, I'm not sure but the R7000 is Broadcom based the R7800 uses Qualcomm streamboost which is a cloud based QoS with updates that are downloaded every now and then and you can also share your details to increase the streamboost knowledge base. That may have a part in it possibly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!