What's new

Recent entware update stop some addons from working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wow, thanks...I hadn't checked amtm in a while for any of those.

me either ...still learning the routine for updates. Im testing ssh timeout now. doesnt seem to be working anymore.

Any other feedback about what works and what doesn't after these latest updates?
Hesitating to do it if its going to break a whole bunch of stuff ...

:)

I’ve heard of entware issues causing problems with unbound so I always uninstall unbound before doing entware updates and reinstall after. I’ve never had an issue doing it that way.

I thought the Entware problem was only me !!!

There are definite issues with unbound, after updating Entware, which was solved by forcing a re-install.

Ultimately, I re-booted all routers after updating Entware and let everything start-up from scratch.

I see on my router, syslog-ng and ntpd are going to be updated. What I found before at least on ntpd was the init script got replaced back to the default from the package instead of the one installed by the custom script. So I am just going to reinstall the ntpd and scribe (syslog) scripts after this update to make sure everything is back in place properly.

me either ...still learning the routine for updates. Im testing ssh timeout now. doesnt seem to be working anymore.
Had to reset and reconfigure manually to get the timeout for ssh to work. Couldnt find any of the ssh files mentioned on Linux pages

So I am just going to reinstall the ntpd and scribe (syslog) scripts after this update to make sure everything is back in place properly.
I think scribe will do ok since the standard configuration doesn't replace the customized one. From what I can tell, outside a bugfix for match(), nothing really is changing for most of us otherwise.

I think scribe will do ok since the standard configuration doesn't replace the customized one. From what I can tell, outside a bugfix for match(), nothing really is changing for most of us otherwise.
When I ran the scribe force update it found some updated configs and updated everything, not sure what it did exactly but it didn't hurt anything and its working :)

When I ran the scribe force update it found some updated configs and updated everything, not sure what it did exactly but it didn't hurt anything and its working :)
The scribe filters haven't been updated in years; a forced update erases my customized filters and replaces them with the standard ones so I avoid that. An update does go into the conf file and changes the 3.xx to 3.37 though, whether or not the file is compatible. Just to avoid the error message and a triggering of compatibility mode.

Any opinion on updating Entware now vs. waiting for the next asuswrt-Merlin release?
Updated entware today, and had zero problems. Didn't need to reboot either. Currently running through AMTM: Diversion, Skynet, Yazfi, scMerlin, vnStat, VPNMON-R2, Router games(!!)... non-AMTM: vpnmgr.

Updated entware today, and had zero problems. Didn't need to reboot either. Currently running through AMTM: Diversion, Skynet, Yazfi, scMerlin, vnStat, VPNMON-R2, Router games(!!)... non-AMTM: vpnmgr.
But is there a good reason to update now vs. wait for the next asuswrt-Merlin update?

But is there a good reason to update now vs. wait for the next asuswrt-Merlin update?
Probably not. You should be able to get by fine until the next update. Treat it like a security update/bug fix. It's good to be on the latest and greatest.

I don’t think that’s a given at all.
I don’t think there’s any reason to make or rely upon this assumption, apropos of nothing.
Dude... do whatever you like, OK? I'm not stopping you. Just putting in my 2 cents. I'm not here to debate.

Dude... do whatever you like, OK? I'm not stopping you. Just putting in my 2 cents. I'm not here to debate.
I responded to clarify, at least for others, that people shouldn’t rely on the “common sense” answer provided as part of their decision to update (or not) … I apologize if I missed/misunderstood a factual basis for your reply?