What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have tried many times, then once with 192.168.1.11 and it Associates well, then back to 192.168.1.16, and it does not associate. The only difference in the two access points is the ssid
Apologies if this has already been asked, does the ssid it won't associate with have any non-standard characters?

Coming from a RT-AC56U to a 86U, the "last device seen" feature (on Tools -> Sysinfo) has been removed by ASUS?

The RT-AC86U uses a newer network switch, and I don't have access to proprietary documentation, so I have no idea if/how to retrieve that information from that new switch.

I have tried many times, then once with 192.168.1.11 and it Associates well, then back to 192.168.1.16, and it does not associate. The only difference in the two access points is the ssid
The only thing I can recommend is rearranging you access points to locations that will allow the setup to function the way you like it. If you are willing to.go through great links to do all this testing , then the simple solution would just to be moving things around.

Installation instructions can be found here: https://github.com/Xentrk/Asuswrt-Merlin-Linux-Shell-Scripts

Code:
Use this utility to save or restore dhcp static list nvram values

[1] - Save nvram dhcp static list to /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt
[2] - Restore nvram dhcp static list from /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt
[3] - Preview DHCP Static List in dnsmasq format
[4] - Append DHCP Static List to dnsmasq.conf.add & Disable DHCP Manual Assignment
[5] - Disable DHCP Manual Assignment
[6] - Enable DHCP Manual Assignment
[7] - Save nvram dhcp_staticlist to /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt and clear dhcp_staticlist
[8] - Display character size of dhcp_staticlist (2999 is the limit)
[e] - Exit

==>

EDIT: added option #8

I get this error running the script:
/jffs/scripts/dhcpstaticlist.sh: line 198: can't create /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt: nonexistent directory
Unknown error occurred trying to save /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt

I have no opt/tmp directories and can't create them.

/opt/tmp is usually created by entware, although there doesn't seem to be anything in the script which requires entware. So you can either change the FILE="/opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt" line to somewhere else or run entware-setup.sh.

Is anyone having issues with the latest firmware? Installed it recently and my Nest cams cannot seem to connect wirelessly. I have never had this issue before until the most recent firmware upgrade.

My device is the 5300 and all my three Nest cameras are having issues. I even did a “clean” firmware upgrade, and cams connected for a bit, then dropped out again after a reboot.

Is anyone having issues with the latest firmware? Installed it recently and my Nest cams cannot seem to connect wirelessly. I have never had this issue before until the most recent firmware upgrade.

My device is the 5300 and all my three Nest cameras are having issues. I even did a “clean” firmware upgrade, and cams connected for a bit, then dropped out again after a reboot.
Did you do a search? It rang a faint bell but I’m not sure if I was thinking of this
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...384-11-is-available.56501/page-16#post-489568

I get this error running the script:
/jffs/scripts/dhcpstaticlist.sh: line 198: can't create /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt: nonexistent directory
Unknown error occurred trying to save /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt

I will create an official support thread for the script in another day or so. Until I do that, please PM me if you have questions so we can help keep this thread on topic for the 384.11 release. The script started as a little side project to help save and restore dhcp static leases before/after firmware updates. But it evolved and it appears to be of help to others. I will add a check for /opt/ directory and prompt for another save location if it does not exist. I also need to add a check to notify the user if a new version has been created and prompt to update if so. After I make the updates, I will create a support thread for the repository.

Upgraded to 384.11_2 and now 2.4G download speed halved, 5G unaffected

The RT-AC5300 wireless driver hasn't changed in months. Check your configuration/environment.

Based on my RT-AC5300 experience here are my five cents to a solution:
Do a clean update (use the M&M configuration guidelines - they simply work and do the job) https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573 and erase your NVRAM https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/
With every step from the above procedures give the router some time to boot and stabilize before moving to the next step.
Over time I have experienced that the RT-AC5300 is solid but only if you allow it to stabilize after booting. The 2.4GHz channel easily drops when subject to interference from your environment. (e.g. I have no interference from neighbors but when the airport in my proximity enhances their radar systems due to weather circumstances my 2.4GHz is the first to drop its connection speed (the 5GHz-2 does that too but at a higher threshold than 2.4GHz).
After a firmware update it is strongly advized to have your devices create a new connection to the wifi environment (my domotica stuff (e.g. Nest, Ring) appear to be very sensitive to having a setup connection with the actual wifi environment from the current firmware - not complying to this results in disconnections.
The more memory the RT-AC5300 has available the more stabile it is in my experience (so connecting a drive to one of the USB ports and doing a lot of file copying to that drive will consume to much of your memory - you do not want that.
Additional note: check that the USB port is configured 2.0 and not 3.0, it interferes like hell with your 2.4GHz channels.
Last but not least: what works for my might not completely work for your given the circumstances of the environment your router has to deal with. Start with standards and change one by one your settings and give them some time to experience if they work for you. Good luck!

Based on my RT-AC5300 experience here are my five cents to a solution:
Do a clean update (use the M&M configuration guidelines - they simply work and do the job) https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573 and erase your NVRAM https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/
With every step from the above procedures give the router some time to boot and stabilize before moving to the next step.
Over time I have experienced that the RT-AC5300 is solid but only if you allow it to stabilize after booting. The 2.4GHz channel easily drops when subject to interference from your environment. (e.g. I have no interference from neighbors but when the airport in my proximity enhances their radar systems due to weather circumstances my 2.4GHz is the first to drop its connection speed (the 5GHz-2 does that too but at a higher threshold than 2.4GHz).
After a firmware update it is strongly advized to have your devices create a new connection to the wifi environment (my domotica stuff (e.g. Nest, Ring) appear to be very sensitive to having a setup connection with the actual wifi environment from the current firmware - not complying to this results in disconnections.
The more memory the RT-AC5300 has available the more stabile it is in my experience (so connecting a drive to one of the USB ports and doing a lot of file copying to that drive will consume to much of your memory - you do not want that.
Additional note: check that the USB port is configured 2.0 and not 3.0, it interferes like hell with your 2.4GHz channels.
Last but not least: what works for my might not completely work for your given the circumstances of the environment your router has to deal with. Start with standards and change one by one your settings and give them some time to experience if they work for you. Good luck!
I concur one thing I have been guilty of in the past with my RT-AC5300 is quickly plugging that USB back into the 3.0 port in a hurry after a flash.. and I use to get this issue because of that, but then they made that nifty setting in the GUI to make it 2.0.

Upgrade AX88U from V384.10_2 Final to V384.11_2 Final, via dirty flash. All appears to be working, except for the following:

• Under "Adaptive QOS" | "QOS", QOS Configuration was reverted to defaults and did not keep my customization settings
  • Under "Adaptive QOS" | "Bandwidth Monitor", any of my "Network Map" List clients that I normally had set from "Highest" to "Lowest" were all back to "Default" color

I see that the file is uploaded fine, then I see the progress bar move from 0% to 100%, screen refresh and I'm back to the main screen with 384.8.2, no change
In this situation you must install the new builder by recovery mode.

Anyone else having issues getting an IP with a bridged modem?
not so far , seems a bit slower grabbing an ip though , other than that seems good , on my ac 3200 's

• Under "Adaptive QOS" | "Bandwidth Monitor", any of my "Network Map" List clients that I normally had set from "Highest" to "Lowest" were all back to "Default" color

I believe FreshJR recommends leaving all clients at 'Default' for adaptive QoS, anyway.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!