What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up to the community to put pressure on Asus corporation to get their sh!t together. Remember, they are the ones profiting off our hardware purchases, not any of the developers on this forum.
We're a drop in ASUS' bucket, I'm sure. But they do have their priorities on developing 386 (the future), while only giving sustaining support to 384 (the legacy). And Merlin just posted that he has early GPLs of 386. So don't bite the hands that feed us while organizing your boycott.

It's up to the community to put pressure on Asus corporation to get their sh!t together.

This is not the right way. Asus knows well what they are doing. The fact we get frequent FW updates on different platforms meas different teams work on different projects. There are many more Asus products that sell well. Not just Merlin supported routers. Asus won't change the model. Synchronizing teams means delays. Not good for the business on a large scale.

We're a drop in ASUS' bucket, I'm sure.

Exactly.

Tnx Merlin for your great support! Taking the plunge now into the new beta's with AiMesh2.0

We're a drop in ASUS' bucket, I'm sure. But they do have their priorities on developing 386 (the future), while only giving sustaining support to 384 (the legacy). And Merlin just posted that he has early GPLs of 386. So don't bite the hands that feed us while organizing your boycott.

You are right, my post was probably more of an emotional over-reaction lol ... it has been deleted

Updated my AC86U to 384.19 so far been pretty flawless. No complaints from Fam, VPN chugging along fine, thanks for all the hardwork.
Asus has been my go to brand for Routers and that is mainly due to Eric's hardwork, and also John's work LTS fork previously.

Today one of my RT-AX88U won't let me in to the UI or SSH console. I updated it Friday evening to 384.19 and all was working. Strange that the router seems to function, except I can't log in. A reboot didn't fix the problem and crazy, I can't even ping the router (100% loss), but internet and LAN works, all the scripts seem to work as well. I can't diagnose anything since there is no access to the router in any way. I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?
Does your router have active guest wifi SSID's? As you laptop may have automatically connected to one of those if it had it saved since you last tested it, which would prevent it from communicating with the router while still having Internet access. Just an idea.

o_O My ISP have updated my speeeeeeed....

updated.jpg
updated.jpg

Last edited:
Does your router have active guest wifi SSID's? As you laptop may have automatically connected to one of those if it had it saved since you last tested it, which would prevent it from communicating with the router while still having Internet access. Just an idea.
No guest network active on this router. This is on a wired desktop which makes it even more absurd. I'll have to check if one of my scripts has anything to do with this. I could be Suricata or Skynet locking me out.

Edit: FYI it was Suricata that locked me out. now comes the fun part - why?

Last edited:
As one of the only forum members that has not worked in the IT field, I have alleviated most fw issues by reading the "Release Notes" & "Change Log" presented by RMerlin.

FW upgrade for my AC86/AC88 went smoothly, as usual.

RMerlin sorry to read about the frustrations, but please know that your hard work is/has always been appreciated!

As one of the only forum members that has not worked in the IT field, I have alleviated most fw issues by reading the "Release Notes" & "Change Log" presented by RMerlin.

FW upgrade for my AC86/AC88 went smoothly, as usual.

RMerlin sorry to read about the frustrations, but please know that your hard work is/has always been appreciated!
This. I'm a land surveyor with a weird fascination with wireless networking...

I've first safely removed USB key then proceeded to update RT-AC1900P from 384.15 to 384.19 and everything looks ok so far.

Just to make it clear for everyone folks, there`s no need to start jumping at Asus about this. I have contacts at Asus both at the engineering and management levels, so I already have plenty of folks I can talk to there if need be. I only briefly mentioned to them the current issues, but didn't press them on any further. It`s not as if they are doing anything on purpose to make my life difficult, it`s simply the fact that their current development/release cycle is simply too chaotic for me to be able to deal with it, hence my focus getting switched for now at the 386 code base. 386 is already less chaotic because both mainline and AX models are from the same code base, and I already have GPLs for four different models to get me started with the merge.

For those of us in the industry, RTFM is a dirty phrase.....................unfortunately :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!