What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just re-installed ADGuard. It seems to be working. I just wanted to confirm that my reverse DNS is setup correctly (my domain I used is LAN):
View attachment 38472
I reinstalled adguardhome and my settings inside private and upstream now look similar to your setup. I am using unbound so I added:
127.0.0.1:53535
tcp://127.0.0.1:53535

to the upstream as well & removed 9.9.9.9 and 8.8.8.8 all under upstream!

The settings were looking different since I first ran this tool. I guess it's due to the recent update/changes behind the scenes. I really appreciate your hardwork on this!!!

Last edited:
Maybe this was the case before v.0.106.0, but currently all private lookups must be handled by the private reverse DNS servers. otherwise defining private in the upstream means that local lookups may be sent to local or they maybe sent to upstream as well. while upstream look ups can be sent to local and upstream.

After thoroughly reviewing, the issue lies more in their documentation then anything. I will push a patch.

Now all private domain request will be handled in the upstream section.
Thank you, this config makes more sense. Btw I see in you github repo you seems to be commiting directly to main, having been burnet few times may I suggest you start pushing to a new branch and a PR flow? or at least some descriptive commit message than "Update installer" :)

Last edited:
I reinstalled adguardhome and my settings inside private and upstream now look similar to your setup. I am using unbound so I added:
tcp://127.0.0.1:53535

to the upstream as well & removed 9.9.9.9 and 8.8.8.8 all under upstream!

The settings were looking different since I first ran this tool. I guess it's due to the recent update/changes behind the scenes. I really appreciate your hardwork on this!!!
Put a # at each entry and it grey out the line rather than deleting incase you want reuse the line. Much better than deleting.

#9.9.9.9
#8.8.8.8

Thank you, this config makes more sense. Btw I see in you github repo you seems to be commiting directly to main, having been burnet few times may I suggest you start pushing to a new branch and a PR flow? or at least some descriptive commit message than "Update installer" :)
I will keep that in mind once the time arises to make another commit. As long as the installer functions as is that may be a while.

I saw Unbound reference its IPV6 interface as ::0 and access control as ::1. I put both in the upstream server and it test as working.

1642017995308.png

I saw Unbound reference its IPV6 interface as ::0 and access control as ::1. I put both in the upstream server and it test as working.

View attachment 38539
(you mean unbound manager correct?)
:0 implies all ipv6 addresses, kind of like 0.0.0.0 while ::1 is refined to loop back localhost. Either should work, but I am not sure the aim would be to allow any address though. At any rate, nice find.

At that rate, you can also put 0.0.0.0 in for the ipv4 address, it should work too.

You can also use 127.0.0.1 by itself. You really don't even need a ::1 address since ipv6 can freely travel both.

Last edited:
I was getting an error message number "6320" thru the Paramount Plus app. Basically some videos would not load and it would show me this error message. Per their troubleshooting website, if you're seeing the message, it most likely means you have an Ad Blocker enabled. I went into the AdGuard Home webstie and went to the DNS allowlist under Filters and I used the following whitelist and the app was able to load:

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/schrebra/paramount.plus.whitelist/main/hosts

This may help someone who might be having issues!!!

Last edited:
I was looking at my syslog. Anyone smarter than me knows what this mean and I should be concern? I am using unbound with AdGuard Home so this may be why I'm seeing this. From info in this thread, I also did put the cache size to 0.

Code:
GT-AX11000-xxx0 AdGuardHome[20230]: 2022/01/13 23:05:28.785991 [info] error handling UDP packet: dns: buffer size too small

Last edited:
I was looking at my syslog. Anyone smarter than me knows what this mean and I should be concern? I am using unbound with AdGuard Home so this may be why I'm seeing this. From info in this thread, I also did put the cache size to 0.

Code:
GT-AX11000-xxx0 AdGuardHome[20230]: 2022/01/13 23:05:28.785991 [info] error handling UDP packet: dns: buffer size too small
I wouldn't worry about it if your internet wasn't broken. it just means that adguardhome only accepts certain size UDP packets. if your log is flooded with this, then there maybe a problem, but that is why you add a tcp option for fallback just incase. If your log is flooded with it, you may need to adjust the size of your UDP packets with either unbound or AdGuardHome. I suggest looking over AdGuardhomes wiki and github for possible similar issues and see how they resolved it.

I was getting an error message number "6320" thru the Paramount Plus app. Basically some videos would not load and it would show me this error message. Per their troubleshooting website, if you're seeing the message, it most likely means you have an Ad Blocker enabled. I went into the AdGuard Home webstie and went to the DNS allowlist under Filters and I used the following whitelist and the app was able to load:

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/schrebra/paramount.plus.whitelist/main/hosts

This may help someone who might be having issues!!!
That is awesome man! many thanks!

@

Code:
How are you using unbound to setup with DOT/DOH? I currently using Unbound and Stubby with DOT set in the WAN GUI. Would like to see if yours any different. Thnanks.

@

How are you using unbound to setup with DOT/DOH? I currently using Unbound and Stubby with DOT set in the WAN GUI. Would like to see if yours any different. Thnanks.
I don't use DoT with unbound but I do use a VPN. If would use DoT, I would use the built-in DoT available within RMerlin firmware and set Quad9 as my DNS servers. How have you setup unbound with DoT and AdguardHome?

I don't use DoT with unbound but I do use a VPN. If would use DoT, I would use the built-in DoT available within RMerlin firmware and set Quad9 as my DNS servers. How have you setup unbound with DoT and AdguardHome?
Or just use DoT on AdGuardHome.

Set upstream like this
tls://dot.server.address

I setup Stubby here in the Wan GUI and use Unbound Stubby in the Advance Manager. You can also use presetting for DOT in Unbound.

1642215953187.png

1642216352874.png

Dumb question...I was looking at other forums how some folks setup AdguardHome with Unbound and my question is...when updating the AdguardHome Upstream DNS servers, does it make a difference if the entry is submitted with or without these [//] symbol:

Code:
[//]127.0.0.1:53535
or

I tried both and I don't think I've notice any difference, just curious why some have the symbol and others don't. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!