What's new

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_6687 - Unofficial beta firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just a reminder for those that want to upgrade...

Before upgrading the new FW, please unplug any device you have on AC87U USB.
Immediately after upgrade, turn off the router by switching off the On/Off button. Press and KEEP pressing the WPS while turning ON the router, until you will see one of the blue LEDs from the front flashing rapidly.(usually it will take around 10 sec) Only now you can depress WPS button and switch Off and On again the router (using On/Off button). Plug again the USB devices - if any.

After this you should enter manually all the settings and start testing.

From my experience, if i skip any of the steps described above, i always ended up in weird/slow performance.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Did parental control work in this beta ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not tested yet, I need to take it gradually, feature by feature to be sure that none of them are not influencing another...
I will let you know about Parental Control as soon as I will finish testing it.

Thank you.

Just a reminder for those that want to upgrade...

Before upgrading the new FW, please unplug any device you have on AC87U USB.
Immediately after upgrade, turn off the router by switching off the On/Off button. Press and KEEP pressing the WPS while turning ON the router, until you will see one of the blue LEDs from the front flashing rapidly.(usually it will take around 10 sec) Only now you can depress WPS button and switch Off and On again the router (using On/Off button). Plug again the USB devices - if any.

After this you should enter manually all the settings and start testing.

From my experience, if i skip any of the steps described above, i always ended up in weird/slow performance.

Thank you.
Hi,
I used to do it that way , but now I just press and hold the reset button until the power light flashes after firmware upgrade is totally complete and rebooted.
Have you tried this ? Just curious .

Hi,
I used to do it that way , but now I just press and hold the reset button until the power light flashes after firmware upgrade is totally complete and rebooted.
Have you tried this ? Just curious .
I've always had problems with that button. It leaves the router in an unusable state. Not in factory defaults, but also not in my settings. Then after about 30 mins I decide to cycle the power, and it just comes back with my original settings...

Will be trying this WPS method next time.

What about just going into the gui and restoring factory defaults. Or does this not achieve the same thing?

I've always had problems with that button. It leaves the router in an unusable state. Not in factory defaults, but also not in my settings. Then after about 30 mins I decide to cycle the power, and it just comes back with my original settings...

Will be trying this WPS method next time.

What about just going into the gui and restoring factory defaults. Or does this not achieve the same thing?
Really?
Thats not right at all, maybe you have a faulty router?
I used to use the wps button, but now only use the reset way I just posted, either way is fine though. I am going to do this my way and leave a setting or two not changed and power cycle like you said and see, you have me curious...

Asus always suggests the reset button way too... I'm curious now.

Correct, resetting using GUI will not help at all. I used always the method described above (WPS) with positive output.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Loaded and used the Faur method. Running perfectly and very fast. Last version I had trouble with my Edimax AC1900 USB 3.0 adapter with disconnects and not connecting at all. Flashed router, plugged in the Edimax and it immediately connected. Web GUI is very fast. So far so good. Will do speed tests later.

CC

For people who were complaining about a 2ms delay when using the 5GHz network: Are you still getting that issue with this beta firmware?

Also anybody who had problems with Beamforming (5GHz, as always): Still having those problems with this release?

I notice this version has MU-MIMO enabled from the beacon VTH Capabilities!! Finally.

I'm going to try not to get too excited about this release, but it's hard not to with improvements to the 5Ghz band being the main changes. Can't wait to install and test this later.

Really?
Thats not right at all, maybe you have a faulty router?
I used to use the wps button, but now only use the reset way I just posted, either way is fine though. I am going to do this my way and leave a setting or two not changed and power cycle like you said and see, you have me curious...

Asus always suggests the reset button way too... I'm curious now.

I can confirm that this happens to me as well. I can never use the reset button, it leaves the router in an unusable state. The router must be restarted, sometimes several times, and it comes back with just a mess of my settings mixed with default settings.

It only ever works for me to use the GUI to reset, but I will try the WPS method this time. There must be a bad batch where the reset functionality was hosed.

I´m having problems with dlna, USB toshiba canvio 2TB go to idle and dlna disappears. And with a Samsung 7000 series TV some directories looks like empy. With the FW 6440 I don´t have this issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!