What's new

RT-AC88U slow until reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nrgiii

New Around Here
I just got gigabit internet via Fiber yesterday. I have anAC88U running 384.19 acting as a wired router only (wifi radios turned off) and CTF enabled. No VPN or QoS are enabled.
This morning when I got up the speed was 94 Mbs, which is down from 750 Mbs last night. After rebooting the router the speed jumped backup up to 750 Mbs. Tests were from the same PC over wired connection using the same speed tool.

Is this normal? Do I need to reboot daily instead of weekly as I do now? Any advice on how to maintain high speed would be appreciated.

nrgiii

What did the link speeds show to the computer and the router? Were they at 1GbE or 100MbE?

Which ports are you using? Ports 5-8 are known to be buggy (add-on switch and all).

When was the last time you did a full reset without using a saved backup config file?

Yes, if you want it one and done.

I did all the steps one and one. So far the speed has held up without overnight degradation. Thanks!