What's new

Samsung Phone won't detect ASUS RT-AX88U Pro 5ghz Wi-Fi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VntValenzuela

New Around Here
Hello, I have bought a ASUS RT-AX88U Pro, I have set it up and disabled 'Smart Connect' feature to ensure that the 5Ghz network was working. To my surprise, none of the Samsung hhones I have home(S23 Ultra, 2 Note 10+)
seem to detect the 5ghz network, they only detect the 2.4ghz network. I have tried connecting from 2 laptops and PC which has an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 adapter and they find the 5ghz network and connect to it with no issues.
Please, can someone help me find why my Samsung phones can't seem to find the network?

Hello, I have bought a ASUS RT-AX88U Pro
Welcome.
There is a subforum for Asus routers:
A search of that subforum using the search feature turns up several past discussions about Samsung issues that may be relevant to your problem and may have additional ideas or suggestions:

Hello, I have bought a ASUS RT-AX88U Pro, I have set it up and disabled 'Smart Connect' feature to ensure that the 5Ghz network was working. To my surprise, none of the Samsung hhones I have home(S23 Ultra, 2 Note 10+)
seem to detect the 5ghz network, they only detect the 2.4ghz network. I have tried connecting from 2 laptops and PC which has an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 adapter and they find the 5ghz network and connect to it with no issues.
Please, can someone help me find why my Samsung phones can't seem to find the network?
Are you using WPA3?

Strange. That ought to be OK. Try changing the control channel to something between 52 to 64.

Doing some digging - looks like Bolivia only allows 149, 153, 157, 161, 165 in the 5Ghz band...

That being said, they do allow 1-13 in the 2.4...

Doing some digging - looks like Bolivia only allows 149, 153, 157, 161, 165 in the 5Ghz band...
I checked the Linux Wi-Fi database and it says that 52 to 64 are also allowed which is why I suggested them.

Code:
country BO: DFS-JP
    (2402 - 2482 @ 40), (20)
    (5250 - 5330 @ 80), (30), DFS
    (5735 - 5835 @ 80), (30)

I checked the Linux Wi-Fi database and it says that 52 to 64 are also allowed which is why I suggested them.

Code:
country BO: DFS-JP
    (2402 - 2482 @ 40), (20)
    (5250 - 5330 @ 80), (30), DFS
    (5735 - 5835 @ 80), (30)

Yep, and it seems more like his phones are the problem, not the router...

just being LATAM isn't a sure bet across the countries there...

My Samsung phone is unable to detect the 5GHz Wi-Fi signal from my ASUS RT-AX88U Pro. I've encountered difficulties connecting despite troubleshooting. Any suggestions or solutions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Please provide some more information like firmware, channel, wpa? etc.

See my setup: i´ve got no problems with my S23 ultra using 5Ghz @ ch48 wpa3. No smart connect or roaming assistance.

Can any other device (laptop) connect?