What's new

Some menu items missing, 2nd firmware flash

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frodiggs

New Around Here
Hi,

Have RT-N66U. Started with stock then flashed a recent Merlin build (never reset to defaults).

Just flashed 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 and reset to factory default. Using as an AP in connection with Verizon Actiontec. Actiontec is doing DHCP.

I'm missing Parental Controls, Firewall and Traffic Manager.

Am I missing something?

Hi,

Have RT-N66U. Started with stock then flashed a recent Merlin build (never reset to defaults).

Just flashed 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 and reset to factory default. Using as an AP in connection with Verizon Actiontec. Actiontec is doing DHCP.

I'm missing Parental Controls, Firewall and Traffic Manager.

Am I missing something?
- Reset to factory default.

Redownload firmware using Ethernet cable and flash using Ethernet cable.

Flash it, wait 3min, reset, wait 3min, power cycle.

Thanks all. oddly i went against my general rule and did flash this time via wifi. So just to be clear software reset or via hardware button?

Is the traffic manager not available in AP mode?

I saw the menu option originally when flashed and set as a router. I changed it to AP mode and now the traffic manager menu option is gone.

Thanks. Is there somewhere I can see what clients are connected to the AP? With signal strength and transfer rates?

I believe the System Log -> Wireless Log page should be available while in AP mode (I never looked).