What's new

System Log still logs DDNS connection attempt even when DDNS is disabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ptooey

New Around Here
I suspect the disabled state for 'Enable the DDNS Client' is being ignored. I currently have 'No' selected and the lines below are still being logged.

ddns_update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
ddns_update: error connecting to members.dyndns.org:80
ddns_update: asusddns_update: 1

Not sure if this is related, but I previously did have DDNS configured, but no longer need to, yet the associated fields (Host/Username/Password/etc.) remain populated. And since you can't leave those fields empty, there's no workaround.

I'm assuming the router still detects the populated fields and uses them to try to connect.

Can anybody verify the disabled state for 'Enable DDNS' field is actually working?

I noticed this issue has been around for quite a long time, and still exists in latest firmware (v384.5).

I suspect the disabled state for 'Enable the DDNS Client' is being ignored. I currently have 'No' selected and the lines below are still being logged.

ddns_update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
ddns_update: error connecting to members.dyndns.org:80
ddns_update: asusddns_update: 1

Not sure if this is related, but I previously did have DDNS configured, but no longer need to, yet the associated fields (Host/Username/Password/etc.) remain populated. And since you can't leave those fields empty, there's no workaround.

I'm assuming the router still detects the populated fields and uses them to try to connect.

Can anybody verify the disabled state for 'Enable DDNS' field is actually working?

I noticed this issue has been around for quite a long time, and still exists in latest firmware (v384.5).
Reset to factory with the initialize button and format your jffs should do it. Worked for me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!