What's new

This site can’t be reached router.asus.com’s server IP address could not be found.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WhiteWulf

New Around Here
Evening Folks,

When traversing the different sections of my router, like Traffic analyzer and Adaptive QOS, I will frequently get a page timeout, then have to hit back 4-5 times and refresh over and over to get the page to finally load. When this happens, my internet connection remains up and stable. Do I need to make a host file entry when the router's IP ?

This site can’t be reached
router.asus.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Router Model : AC86U
Firmware : 384.8.2

Last edited:
router.asus.com is already hard coded into the router's hosts file.

Are you using some sort of DNS filtering or configured your settings in such a way that your PC is not using the router as its DNS server? VPN perhaps?

Try using the router's IP address instead of the host name, i.e. http://192.168.50.1

Seem to have the same issue using the IP: I have numerous static devices so I stay with 192.168.1.x

No DNS filtering and my laptop is using DHCP with all IP info provided by the router except Wins/DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Had the same issue with Microsoft edge browser and still do. Works fine using the google browser though. I actually went on routersasus.com by mistake and it maybe a scam site so just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... except Wins/DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Well that'll be a problem then. Google's DNS servers won't be able to resolve your local host names (i.e. router.asus.com).
Code:
C:\Users\Colin>nslookup router.asus.com

Server:  RT-AC68U.home.lan
Address:  192.168.1.1

Name:    router.asus.com
Address:  192.168.1.1

C:\Users\Colin>nslookup router.asus.com 8.8.8.8
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

*** google-public-dns-a.google.com can't find router.asus.com: Non-existent domain

Cleared my manual entries, flushed cache and reloaded DNS. Will test for a while and post back.

Edit : Tested for a while moving about the pages and no issues at all. After your explanation, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the quick reply and assistance.

Last edited:
Cleared my manual entries, flushed cache and reloaded DNS. Will test for a while and post back.

Edit : Tested for a while moving about the pages and no issues at all. After your explanation, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the quick reply and assistance.
If you want to use Google DNS for all devices, then you can set it in DNS Servers on the Router's WAN config page

yeah, the solution is to set up Google DNS there:

1708468181180.png

instead of:

1708468209320.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!