What's new

TP Link Archer C2600 - lots of disconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hamsteyr

New Around Here
Long time lurker but new user here, hoping to see if I can get some sort of insight onto this router.

I just received it a few hours ago, and have been messing around with it, but my experiences with it has been less than stellar. I'm getting a lot of WiFi connectivity issues (mobiles phones and laptops say there's no internet connection), and a lot of dropped signals from this router, even on wired.

Got the AC2600 based on the ranking on this website, but I find myself so disappointed with it right now :<

Wondering if I should just return it and look for something else or try and flash a custom firmware onto it.

So here is a good question, i got the same exact router down in a Pinball Arcade hall which is a bunker and its been working like a charm, did you perhaps consider if you have the router in a wrong place (ie bad placement) so that wifi drops due to lights water pipes etc.

again it could also be a bad batch but that requires you to do dig a whole lot more to prove there is an issue with your router, a custom firmware (if one exists wont probably solve your issues always better to find out why its acting like its acting

did you happen to use the same ssid as your old wifi ? if so this can confuse devices ( unless you select forget and then reconnect each device )

try with a different ssid if that is the case

also try different channels as they may not be what they where before , on 2.4 gig try ch 1 , 6 or 11

on 5 gig just try a low one like 44 and a high one ( depending on your country )

I got a used TP Link Archer C2600 .It works but frequently drop connections.I replaced with new wires, updated software , changed channel,user,password,place on different site,rebooted but problem still exit. .Kindly prescribe any solution ?

I am getting sam e message "" say there's no internet connection"",I changed channel to 11 . updated
changed MTU to 1492 from 1500. replaced with new wires, updated software , changed channel,user,password,place on different site,rebooted but problem still exit

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!