What's new

Using the Print Server with a Dymo Labelwriter 450

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

derekakelly

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice on getting my Dymo Labelwriter 450 to work with my router's print server. I have a Asus RT-AX56U, running version 388.2 of asuswrt-merlin.

It doesn't look like it's being detected when plugged into either of my two USB ports
1681684112650.png

I have turned the Network Printer Server on/off, installed the ASUS EZ printer sharing app, rebooted and tried a few other things without any luck.

Both of these links are dead....

1681684269932.png

I believe I'm likely going to have to access my router via ssh and install some software.

Perhaps this will do the trick?

But before I take it that far, I wanted to check if there was an easier solution.

Thanks!

Looking at OS versions starting from Windows XP... this Print Server had no changes for many, many years. This is just one of Asuswrt advertised features in "as is" state and mostly unusable with modern multi-functional devices with Wi-Fi connection.

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice on getting my Dymo Labelwriter 450 to work with my router's print server. I have a Asus RT-AX56U, running version 388.2 of asuswrt-merlin.

It doesn't look like it's being detected when plugged into either of my two USB ports
View attachment 49375

I have turned the Network Printer Server on/off, installed the ASUS EZ printer sharing app, rebooted and tried a few other things without any luck.

Both of these links are dead....

View attachment 49376

I believe I'm likely going to have to access my router via ssh and install some software.

Perhaps this will do the trick?

But before I take it that far, I wanted to check if there was an easier solution.

Thanks!
Looking at OS versions starting from Windows XP... this Print Server had no changes for many, many years. This is just one of Asuswrt advertised features in "as is" state and mostly unusable with modern multi-functional devices with Wi-Fi connection.
I tried this with a toaster once, surprisingly the same results.

Works for me but I'm running asusmerlin on an ax88u. Don't know if that makes a difference but it's weird if your router isn't even recognized after you reboot. That would suggest to me its not supported on the merlin firmware of your model.

Attachments

• dymo-asusmerlin.png
    dymo-asusmerlin.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 20