What's new

VPN with selective routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bobg8zwf

Occasional Visitor
I see that in the Astrill vpn applet for Asus is possible to "include" or "exclude" specific web sites (or destinations) from the vpn route. From what I can understand, this can be done either by ip address or full name. (Correct me if I am wrong).

What I am looking to do is similar to this, using OpenVPN on Asus router (Merlin), but particularly to be able to include or deny by web sites, not specifically by ip address (or range).

Is there a way to do this fairly easily?

I do not have much experience with these things so any advice would be welcome.

Bob

I see that in the Astrill vpn applet for Asus is possible to "include" or "exclude" specific web sites (or destinations) from the vpn route. From what I can understand, this can be done either by ip address or full name. (Correct me if I am wrong).

What I am looking to do is similar to this, using OpenVPN on Asus router (Merlin), but particularly to be able to include or deny by web sites, not specifically by ip address (or range).

Is there a way to do this fairly easily?

I do not have much experience with these things so any advice would be welcome.

Bob

Site specific is somewhat hit or miss.
you might be interested in this:
http://www.dd-wrt.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=161397

^ Yes, I did read this. In fact I've done quite a lot of searching for information. But thanks for replying.

I was hoping to do everything inside one box (router).