What's new

ZenWiFi AX XT8 Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43169

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JBpajas

New Around Here
New user here but long timer reader.
I just got a flash on my ZenWiFi XT8 of the new firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43169
I have had serious problems with Asus updates previously resulting in unstable Wifi and slow connection.
Has anyone tried it and if you have is it stabile enough to upgrade?
At the moment I´m on 3.0.0.4.386_42095

New user here but long timer reader.
I just got a flash on my ZenWiFi XT8 of the new firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43169
I have had serious problems with Asus updates previously resulting in unstable Wifi and slow connection.
Has anyone tried it and if you have is it stabile enough to upgrade?
At the moment I´m on 3.0.0.4.386_42095
I upgraded to 43169 earlier today. Like you, I was a little hesitant but it went very smoothly and, thus far, no problems at all. I did a full reset on both nodes and a reboot too and I've encountered no issues - getting great wi-fi and no issues with connectivity :)

... not so well, for me...

I have four XT8 (2 x 2 pack). I tried to update a single node. The procedure went ok, but since then, that node connects to the other nodes/router ONLY with 2.4Ghz. No way to use the backhaul dedicated 5Ghz!
Reverted to 42095 and all goes like a charm as before...
OK, maybe I should have tried to update ALL routers, but I didn't want to risk ...

ps: why this new firmware is only 55.62 MBytes great, when olders are all about 72 MBytes great???

My network:
Screenshot_2021-04-18-10-33-12-905_com.asus.aihome.jpg

Working well here, updated both nodes *smile*. Full factory reset plus reboot. Haven't seen the "not mesh client" or "already in UDB" system log messages yet...Got my fingers crossed on that one. Early on, though.

Really isn't that risky, one can always revert if one has to, been there, done that *smile*.

Update: Been up for about a day now. Working well, and the log continues to be much cleaner and less random than it was.

Last edited:
Roborock s6 maxv can't connect to wifi when using this XT8 router Version 3.0.0.4.386_43169.

Roborock s6 maxv can connect to wifi when using this Version 3.0.0.4.386_42095.

Happy too soon. Two wifi N (2'4 only) phones can't connect to wifi. Both are Motorola Moto G3. :mad: very bad Asus again.

Roborock s6 maxv can't connect to wifi when using this XT8 router Version 3.0.0.4.386_43169.

Roborock s6 maxv can connect to wifi when using this Version 3.0.0.4.386_42095.

My Roborock S5 connects to my XT8s with both firmware versions!...
Try to disable "airtime fairness" and "universal beamforming" from the 2.4Ghz professional tab...

Last edited:
My Roborock S5 connects to my XT8s with both firmware versions!...
Try to disable "airtime fairness" and "universal beamforming" from the 2.4Ghz professional tab...
Both have been disabled always, in 3 bands. I have been trying lots of combinations for hours: somartconnect on/off, difrerent ssids, al sort of settings in profesional settings...

Those phones (the phones of my children, with no data plan) can't use wifi with this firm , and they are needed for Meet online classes :mad:

Yes. it was working fine during previous firmware with SmartConnect On.

I've disable it from the first boot (I don't like to use a unique SSID for two different wifi modes)... perhaps if you disable it you will be able to connect the roborock...

Unfortunately my initial success with this firmware has turned sour. Yesterday the node lost the 5Ghz-2 channel for wireless backhaul, resorting to using 2.4Ghz instead and the connection was showing as 'weak'. I rebooted and even reset the node but, after a couple of hours, the 5Ghz-2 backhaul would disappear again. This morning I decided that I'd roll back the FW to a more stable version but when I logged into the router the update icon was flashing; on checking the FW version, the router is reporting that the router/node is up-to-date (43169) but the node should be updated to a newer version shown as 43170. I don't recall seeing different versions for a node before and, on checking the Asus FW page, there's nothing listed other than 43169 .

Has anyone else seen this? I really don't know whether to update just the node and see how it goes or roll back the FW on both units as I'd planned.

Unfortunately my initial success with this firmware has turned sour. Yesterday the node lost the 5Ghz-2 channel for wireless backhaul, resorting to using 2.4Ghz instead and the connection was showing as 'weak'. I rebooted and even reset the node but, after a couple of hours, the 5Ghz-2 backhaul would disappear again. This morning I decided that I'd roll back the FW to a more stable version but when I logged into the router the update icon was flashing; on checking the FW version, the router is reporting that the router/node is up-to-date (43169) but the node should be updated to a newer version shown as 43170. I don't recall seeing different versions for a node before and, on checking the Asus FW page, there's nothing listed other than 43169 .

Has anyone else seen this? I really don't know whether to update just the node and see how it goes or roll back the FW on both units as I'd planned.
Yep... asus released a fix:

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_43170
- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed USB HDD throughput degraded issue.

Yep... asus released a fix:

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_43170
- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed USB HDD throughput degraded issue.
tried the latest firmware as well, my roborock s6 maxv still can't connect to the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!