What's new

100% reproducible samba problem of Asuswrt-Merlin 374.42_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Micheal_Zeng

New Around Here
Hi, I find a samba problem of 374.42_2 version. If I map samba share as a network drive in win8.1, and try to download (using ftp or other downloading tools, like emule) a big file onto that drive WHILE there's an open explorer window of that drive, downloading will be stuck.

Reproduce steps:
1. map a samba share as a network drive in win8.1
2. open the drive in windows explorer, leave it there
3. ftp download a large file onto that drive

Wait a while, the explorer window will automatically try to refresh, like someone manually push the F5 refresh button, and it will getting stuck, causing the downloading finally abort.

However, if you don't open an explorer window of the drive, everything would be fine.

My router is AC68u, my disk is 2T, formatted as ext4 with no partitioning, connected to the USB3.0 port.

Hi, I find a samba problem of 374.42_2 version. If I map samba share as a network drive in win8.1, and try to download (using ftp or other downloading tools, like emule) a big file onto that drive WHILE there's an open explorer window of that drive, downloading will be stuck.

Reproduce steps:
1. map a samba share as a network drive in win8.1
2. open the drive in windows explorer, leave it there
3. ftp download a large file onto that drive

Wait a while, the explorer window will automatically try to refresh, like someone manually push the F5 refresh button, and it will getting stuck, causing the downloading finally abort.

However, if you don't open an explorer window of the drive, everything would be fine.

My router is AC68u, my disk is 2T, formatted as ext4 with no partitioning, connected to the USB3.0 port.

Same happens with older versions of firmware and windows 7. I have not reported it as I was not sure it is related to the firmware.
Happens also if one explorer window is used to copy many files to a different directory on the same drive.
Samba reboots connection gets lost.

my old NAS WD MyBookLive has no such issue, so I suspect it may have something to do with the samba module used by the firmware.

Same happens with older versions of firmware and windows 7. I have not reported it as I was not sure it is related to the firmware.
Happens also if one explorer window is used to copy many files to a different directory on the same drive.
Samba reboots connection gets lost.