What's new

[384.12_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successfully updated from 384.12_alpha1-g4a8cd4ead5 to 384.12_alpha2-g6a46c21cce on RT-AC88U.

RT-AC66U_B1 up to Alpha2. No apparent errors. Tested WS-Discovery with only SMB2 enabled in router. USB shares showed up in Win 10 File Explorer/Network. No SMB1 enabled anywhere in the network!

Is the AC86U build fixed, or is it still a mix of different blobs like alpha 1?

Is the AC86U build fixed, or is it still a mix of different blobs like alpha 1?

From the Changelog-NG.txt file included with the download:

- UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_45717 (except for RT-AX88U)

RT-AC66U_B1 up to Alpha2. No apparent errors. Tested WS-Discovery with only SMB2 enabled in router. USB shares showed up in Win 10 File Explorer/Network. No SMB1 enabled anywhere in the network!

Would like to do this, but I have two wifi cameras that only use SMB1. They work fine, so hard to toss them based on this alone.

Does anyone know whether an ASUS router operating in AP mode running 384_11 or later uses the main router as its NTP server automatically, or do I have to specify the main router IP address in the NTP server dialog?

Looks like they gave the paper weight an update recently
Screenshot_20190603-024755402.jpg

I thought the 56u was EOL with asus...

Last edited:
From the Changelog-NG.txt file included with the download:
That same line was already in the changelog of the previous release, but RMerlin had to make an exception for the 86U because it did not build properly.

That's why I was (and still am) curious what it's like for this build.

Updated to 384.12_alpha2-g6a46c21cce on RT-AC87u (took some tries/reboots this time)
Changed Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No) to: Yes (Got ISP DNS servers on dnsleaktest.com , Dont want that and this solved it)
Network Map: shows no connected clients and also all ethernet ports as unplugged
Disable LEDs: Dont turn off all leds, Wireless 2.4 and ethernet port 2 and 4 shows (tried to set no reboot and set yes again reboot no change)
Did Hard reboot and removed power cord and pushed power button 3 times 10 sec apart and cleared browser cache still no change

Edit:
Got this in log
Jun 3 08:31:35 kernel: TQ Undefined op out 2
Jun 3 08:34:05 kernel: TQ Undefined op out 2
Jun 3 08:35:37 kernel: TQ Undefined op out 2
Jun 3 10:54:57 kernel: [truncated] TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefin
Jun 3 12:32:57 kernel: [truncated] op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ...and so on
Jun 3 14:08:57 kernel: [truncated] efined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ...and so on

Last edited:
Flashed RT_AC86U from alpha1 to 384.12_alpha2-g6a46c21cce

Format JFFS partition on next boot & manually reconfigured settings

Settings used

DHCP Server
VPN client using ExpressVPN
DOT using Cloudflare
Traffic Analyzer
Adaptive QoS
Various scripts

My thanks to thelonelycoder, jackyaz & RMerlin

Update
Has been up and running for over 24 hours with no problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
87U: Since updating to A2 I am getting this in the system log:
Code:
kernel: TQ undefined op out 2

Updated to 384.12_alpha2-g6a46c21cce on RT-AC87u (took some tries/reboots this time)
Changed Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No) to: Yes (Got ISP DNS servers on dnsleaktest.com , Dont want that and this solved it)
Network Map: shows no connected clients and also all ethernet ports as unplugged
Disable LEDs: Dont turn off all leds, Wireless 2.4 and ethernet port 2 and 4 shows (tried to set no reboot and set yes again reboot no change)
Did Hard reboot and removed power cord and pushed power button 3 times 10 sec apart and cleared browser cache still no change

Edit:
Got this in log
Jun 3 08:31:35 kernel: TQ Undefined op out 2
Jun 3 08:34:05 kernel: TQ Undefined op out 2
Jun 3 08:35:37 kernel: TQ Undefined op out 2
Jun 3 10:54:57 kernel: [truncated] TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefined op out 2TQ Undefin
Absolutely same here! (after dirty upgrade)
+ In LAN "Manually Assigned IP" no more names or pictures in first column (only - New device), and once it even rebooted upon pressing the LED button!

Seems the new blobs for 87U are faulty, or something went wrong when incorporating them?

Will try now a factory reset (with nvram) to see if it changes something.
If not, back to previous alpha (super stable) until fixed...

RT-AX88U (Router), RT-AC87U (Media bridge), RT-AC86U (Media bridge) all loaded Alpha 2 ok. RT-AC86U would no longer communicate through in 5GHz or 2.4GHz bands to the RT-AX88U (either in Media or Repeater mode). After a restore/initalize to defaults on the RT-AC86U and setup again, all ok!
PS: Still regret buying the RT-AC86U from gearbest.com, everything in default/reset mode is Chinese and fudge thru panels, until you can flip language to English.

Absolutely same here! (after dirty upgrade)
+ In LAN "Manually Assigned IP" no more names or pictures in first column (only - New device), and once it even rebooted upon pressing the LED button!

Seems the new blobs for 87U are faulty, or something went wrong when incorporating them?

Will try now a factory reset (with nvram) to see if it changes something.
If not, back to previous alpha (super stable) until fixed...
Nope factory reset (with nvram) did not help, same things.
I only had Network Map clients at start of configuration, then gone (and ofcourse just the loading circle in Adaptive QoS - Bandwidth Monitor). LED button doesnt work, and still crashes the router and force a reboot, all problems are the same.
Noticed also a bizarre question upon configuration of WiFi (after selecting Channel bandwidth and clicking Apply):
Annotation 2019-06-03 135540.png

No matter if I put something above or select Cancel (and what are the codes..?).
And the offering of using channels 12, 13 for 2.4GHz is gone; and I had chanel xu, first time seeing "u" always had "l".

384.12_alpha2-g6a46c21cce i seriously broken for the RT-AC87U. :(
Probably the new blobs fault, and I hope it is easy to fix for RMerlin ;)

P.S.
Went back to alpha1-g4a8cd4ead5, all works again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!