What's new

[384.12_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had seen compiling instructions somewhere. Can you share how you went about doing this?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compiled and upgraded to Alpha 2, works great. Just 1 question, when cloning git and compiling, does it include all the latest commits ? for example , there are 3 more commits above (new) the commit which states 'bumped to alpha 2' , are they also included if they were available when I did git clone and compiled the build?

Compiled and upgraded to Alpha 2, works great. Just 1 question, when cloning git and compiling, does it include all the latest commits ? for example , there are 3 more commits above (new) the commit which states 'bumped to alpha 2' , are they also included if they were available when I did git clone and compiled the build?
they are not included yet in the Mainline branch, the branch master has not yet been merged. The Ac86 is build on the mainline, not the master

I thought I had seen compiling instructions somewhere. Can you share how you went about doing this?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/merlinwrt-compile-instructions.47984/page-3#post-421529
this is what i use
### Install fresh Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)
ubuntu-18.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso

### Apply OS updates and make bash the default shell (reboot required)
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade && sudo rm -f /bin/sh && sudo ln -sf bash /bin/sh && sudo reboot

### Install Linux kernel headers and essential development tools
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install git build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)

### Install dependencies for AsusWRT
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install libtool-bin cmake libproxy-dev uuid-dev liblzo2-dev autoconf automake bash bison bzip2 diffutils file flex m4 g++ gawk groff-base libncurses5-dev libtool libslang2 make patch perl pkg-config shtool subversion tar texinfo zlib1g zlib1g-dev git gettext libexpat1-dev libssl-dev cvs gperf unzip python libxml-parser-perl gcc-multilib gconf-editor libxml2-dev g++-multilib gitk libncurses5 mtd-utils libncurses5-dev libvorbis-dev git autopoint autogen sed build-essential intltool libelf1 libglib2.0-dev xutils-dev lib32z1-dev lib32stdc++6 xsltproc gtk-doc-tools libelf-dev:i386 libelf1:i386 libltdl-dev

### Install other programs
sudo apt-get -y install lzip patchelf

### Clone the toolchains
cd
if [ ! -d am-toolchains ]; then
git clone https://github.com/RMerl/am-toolchains
fi

### Fix the toolchain symlinks
sudo mkdir -p /opt ; sudo rm -rf /opt/toolchains ; sudo ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-hnd /opt/toolchains ; sudo rm -f /opt/brcm-arm ; sudo ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-sdk/hndtools-arm-linux-2.6.36-uclibc-4.5.3 /opt/brcm-arm ; sudo rm -f /opt/brcm ; sudo ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-mips-sdk/tools/brcm /opt/brcm

### Clone the repo
cd
if [ ! -d asuswrt-merlin.ng ]; then
git clone https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng
cd asuswrt-merlin.ng
# git checkout master
git checkout mainline
else
cd asuswrt-merlin.ng
# git checkout master
git checkout mainline
git pull
fi

### Create a build tree from the repo and fix the symlinks
cd
rm -rf asuswrt-merlin.ng-build
#rsync -aq asuswrt-merlin.ng/ asuswrt-merlin.ng-build --exclude .git
cp -a asuswrt-merlin.ng/ asuswrt-merlin.ng-build

# fix symlinks for HND toolchain
rm -rf ~/asuswrt-merlin.ng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl51/main/src/toolchains
ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-hnd ~/asuswrt-merlin.ng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl51/main/src/toolchains

# fix symlinks for ARM toolchain
rm -rf ~/asuswrt-merlin.ng-build/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/toolchains
ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-sdk ~/asuswrt-merlin.ng-build/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/toolchains

### Build RT-AC86U firmware (HND)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.3-linux-4.1-glibc-2.22-binutils-2.25/usr/lib
export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=/opt/toolchains
echo $PATH | grep -qF /opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.3-linux-4.1-glibc-2.22-binutils-2.25/usr/bin || export PATH=$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.3-linux-4.1-glibc-2.22-binutils-2.25/usr/bin
echo $PATH | grep -qF /opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-5.3-linux-4.1-glibc-2.22-binutils-2.25/usr/bin || export PATH=$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-5.3-linux-4.1-glibc-2.22-binutils-2.25/usr/bin
cd ~/asuswrt-merlin.ng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd
make rt-ac86u

### Build RT-AC56U firmware (ARM)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=
echo $PATH | grep -qF /opt/brcm-arm/bin || export PATH=$PATH:/opt/brcm-arm/bin
echo $PATH | grep -qF /opt/brcm-arm/arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin || export PATH=$PATH:/opt/brcm-arm/arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin
cd ~/asuswrt-merlin.ng-build/release/src-rt-6.x.4708
make rt-ac56u

### Build RT-AC68U firmware (ARM)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=
echo $PATH | grep -qF /opt/brcm-arm/arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin || export PATH=$PATH:/opt/brcm-arm/arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin
make rt-ac68u

### Build RT-AC87U firmware (ARM)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=
make rt-ac87u

### Build RT-AC88U firmware (ARM)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=
cd ~/asuswrt-merlin.ng-build/release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src
make rt-ac88u

### Build RT-AC3100 firmware (ARM)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=
make rt-ac3100

### Build RT-AC5300 firmware (ARM)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=
make rt-ac5300

### Build RT-AC3200 firmware (ARM)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=
cd ~/asuswrt-merlin.ng-build/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src
make rt-ac3200

I do every step all the way down to the part where I copy and paste my build into the terminal.

note you want to add one extra line to
Code:
cd
if [ ! -d asuswrt-merlin.ng ]; then
  git clone https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng
  cd asuswrt-merlin.ng
#  git checkout master
 git checkout mainline
 git merge master
else
  cd asuswrt-merlin.ng
#  git checkout master
  git checkout mainline
  git merge master
  git pull
fi

this is the image of ubuntu you want to use with your VM
ubuntu-18.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso

that is what these instructions are most successful with .. there are other ubuntu versions that can use different instructions, so follow this to the letter.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the /jffs/scripts/wan-start eth0 accept_ra workaround for IPv6 gateway is no longer needed at firmware level 384.12_alpha1-g49e6d4d687
Code:
- FIXED: IPv6 on RT-AX88U - backported accept_ra fix
         from 45717 (themiron)

just migrated to 384.12 from 384.11_2 with a clean upgrade on my RT-86U. I am facing an issue with entware installation. I am getting the following error- "entware (aarch64) install failed". I was trying to install diversion 64bit version and is getting the same error repeatedly. I am not running any other script besides amtm and have rebooted the router several times. I have even formatted the router thrice and has even tried installing entware directly from the amtm terminal instead of routing it via diversion. Is it a known bug with Alpha build? Kindly help

just migrated to 384.12 from 384.11_2 with a clean upgrade on my RT-86U. I am facing an issue with entware installation. I am getting the following error- "entware (aarch64) install failed". I was trying to install diversion 64bit version and is getting the same error repeatedly. I am not running any other script besides amtm and have rebooted the router several times. I have even formatted the router thrice and has even tried installing entware directly from the amtm terminal instead of routing it via diversion. Is it a known bug with Alpha build? Kindly help
Have you tried the 32bit version? The 86U isn't actually fully arch64, it's sort of a hybrid.

Just tried 32 bit version too and its installtion is also failing. i guess amtm v2.3 is the culprit.
Move this post to the AMTM thread.

Yup, 4 hours ago. If I'm not mistaken it doesn't include the most recent security updates though. Not yet.

Yup, 4 hours ago. If I'm not mistaken it doesn't include the most recent security updates though. Not yet.
I'm pretty sure they are included, since the commit is not yet commited on github . @6a46c21

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!