What's new

[384.16_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Flashed the newest alpha on my RT-AX88U. Had to reboot to get internet access (no biggy). So far all good otherwise except one thing.
My Oneplus 7 Pro fell from 866Mbps to 192Mbps Tr/Rx speeds. (last time I tried stock I thing I got similar speeds too, but Merlin always has given me 866Mbps).
Any logs or details you may need or is this already replicated and known? Don't see any errors in log myself. I have yet to check Samsung S10+ (that before could reach beyond 866).

Update:
Similar results on Samsung S10+ (slightly higher due to AX though). Both phones settle with a lower speed than on 384.15 with the same settings.

I'm using Smart Connect. Same wifi setup on stock gives the same effect (or atleast used to). Merlin firmware normally gives same speed on 5Ghz as when using separated SSIDs

Last edited:
RX88 in mesh. Working fine with alpha2. Thanks Merlin. Can't say enough about this new environment with amtm. It's wonderful - I would never think of changing to any other brand of router (at least while you are around).

Merlin, quick question on alpha2 and RT-AX58U. It appears the /opt/var directory is missing. I seemed to recall that you had corrected a Broadcom script that created the /opt structure - and that you had added /opt/var. Is that in this release?

1.2gpm same on previous alpha and reverted back and ok

What is 1.2gpm?

Is that the connected rate to the router? a speedtest number? please eloborate.

Flashed the newest alpha on my RT-AX88U. Had to reboot to get internet access (no biggy). So far all good otherwise except one thing.
My Oneplus 7 Pro fell from 866Mbps to 192Mbps Tr/Rx speeds. (last time I tried stock I thing I got similar speeds too, but Merlin always has given me 866Mbps).
Any logs or details you may need or is this already replicated and known? Don't see any errors in log myself. I have yet to check Samsung S10+ (that before could reach beyond 866).

Update:
Similar results on Samsung S10+ (slightly higher due to AX though). Both phones settle with a lower speed than on 384.15 with the same settings.

I'm using Smart Connect. Same wifi setup on stock gives the same effect (or atleast used to). Merlin firmware normally gives same speed on 5Ghz as when using separated SSIDs

So you are talking about the connection rate to the router at 866.

On my Galaxy S10 in wifi 6 mode my connection rate is usually close to 900 i'm still on 384.15 though not on alpha.

Here is a speedtest at my normal connection rate.

Last edited:
Merlin, quick question on alpha2 and RT-AX58U. It appears the /opt/var directory is missing. I seemed to recall that you had corrected a Broadcom script that created the /opt structure - and that you had added /opt/var. Is that in this release?
How can I get the alpha2 for RT-AX58U as I am running alpha1 and only see alpha1 posted? I am also OK with 1.2 gpm. :)

Unless I am blind as a bat, only alpha1 is there for the RT-AX58U. I don't see the alpha2 build there....

There is only Alpha 1 for the AX58U at this time.
@JGrana said he had alpha2, that was the source of my inquiry. Maybe there is an alpha2 in our future then!

Unless I am blind as a bat, only alpha1 is there for the RT-AX58U. I don't see the alpha2 build there....

There are 2 alpha 1's and only one version for the 58, so if you are using that one, that's it. The initial alpha is the yellow folder, look at dates and the second alpha is not in a zip folder. Bare .trx or .w

@Merlin are you planning to add this ( Security Fix: CVE-2019-15126 ) to your next AX58 build ?

What is 1.2gpm?

Is that the connected rate to the router? a speedtest number? please eloborate.

Ok if this is clearer the s10+ connection rate to the router is 1.2 gigabits and now on the second alpha its max 270 megabits even after a clean install reverting back to 21st feb alpha back to normal

Sorry to confuse everyone! I also have an AX88U that I just loaded the second Alpha on. For the AX58U correct, there is just one Alpha available at this point.

@Merlin are you planning to add this ( Security Fix: CVE-2019-15126 ) to your next AX58 build ?
That thread does not answer the question i asked. The AX58U is affected by this issue thats why Asus has patched it.

The 3.0.0.4.384.8563 GPL isn't available yet. You can follow the commit log here and find out when it is eventually added, responding to easily answered questions is very time consuming. Be considerate for Merlin who has to answer dozens of these per day.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!