What's new

[384.16_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

if you open your eyes you will see that I never asked questions about "new models", my question was about the possibility of using the GPL from rt-ax88 for rt-ax92

An RT-AX88U is not an RT-AX92U. I need a release for each specific model, as I have already said.

I am sorry Merlin. I didn't see your post because I was writing mine at the same time. I would love to try but it is not possible. I will not ask more...

There are some users very worried if you spend time with other models than their own.

Keep up your good work.

I was not rude with Merlin and I will not low my level with you, sorry...

@ PipoI did not say you were rude to Merlin . there are no worried user's he spends his time on the models the he supports

I appreciate the support folks, but please leave the moderating to Tim and I, and avoid making personal attacks. Thanks.

The Alpha has been great for me on RT-AX88U, although I've been having a similar issue to previously mentioned and my internet connection doesn't come up after a single reboot. I have to reboot a second time to get internet back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have an issue after updating to alpha .16 today on my RT-AX88U, I use to be able to save the httpd or router login name with the use of this character _ name with a _ character in it, today while adjusting settings on the Administrations tab I was told I have to change the Router login naming to not have characters just to save the new adjustments i made to the administration page. Is this new or normal?

Also the lets encrypt with DDNS is running a retry error, even though I did not run an update to DDNS name.

I have an issue after updating to alpha .16 today on my RT-AX88U, I use to be able to save the httpd or router login name with the use of this character _ name with a _ character in it, today while adjusting settings on the Administrations tab I was told I have to change the Router login naming to not have characters just to save the new adjustments i made to the administration page. Is this new or normal?

Also the lets encrypt with DDNS is running a retry error, even though I did not run an update to DDNS name.
I've had the same issue as well. Seems it doesn't like pure numbers either.
On an odd note with my AX-88U, updated it and went to change some settings (disable SSH) and for some reason it kept erroring up to the "Router Login Name" and would not let me use my numerical 384.15 login name.
I previously was using a string of numbers as the login name, along with a randomly generated password.
Now it requires alphanumeric and won't let me do numeric only.

Has anyone else experienced or noticed this?

So Asus no longer supports characters or numbers inside the Login name for the RT-AX88U. Nice

upload_2020-3-3_1-34-46.png

The string 1234 should be alphanumeric, but the number 1234 not.
Easy for a string perser to get confused. Have you tried quoting the string - "38415" to see if it accepts it?

Just checking in to say my RT-3100 has been running smooth, low CPU usage, normal memory usage, strong wifi all around. Stable.

WAN (upload) issues on 384.15 and 384.16

It's now been almost 4 days since I reverted all the way back to 384.14. I have uploaded a screenshot of a 7 day spdmerlin graph. A picture tells a thousand words ;-)

RT-AX88U, fairly plain setup - no QoS, No media server, No Guest Network.
Using an Arris SB6183 cable modem connected to a Spectrum 100/10 feed.
Wireless runs great - I did run iperf3 between the AX88u and a few internal clients - 2 AC based and 1 AX based (AX200 in a laptop). Get great WLAN speeds all the time.

I do have AMTM installed with Entware, scribe and spdmerlin.

When running either 384.15 or .16 I would experience a slow decline/decay in WAN upload speeds until it essentially it nears 0 Mbits/sec. Download runs fine - over 110Mbit/sec and WLAN also running at typical speed. It's simply the WAN upload that seems to die...
A reboot of the AX88u typically fixed it for a day or two. I say typically because I would also experience the WAN red light/fail to connect on reboot occasionally.

I have noticed a few other folks with what appear to be WAN side issues. I have a question.
Are you running spdmerlin and checking the speeds? If not, can you install spdmerlin? (I would recommend using AMTM to do the install).
If you experience unresponsive web pages, see if you can login via web to the AX68U and check the spdmerlin graphs and log.

Here is the latest on mine (you can tell when I installed 384.14)

Capture.JPG

Close to 30 days of uptime, and now another 11 days on my RT-AX88U with a 120 Mbps Internet connection - zero slowdown issues after all this time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!