What's new

[384.9_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus RT-AC2900 (AC86U) just installed 384.9_alpha1-g951fac98d indicates as CPU Model a Cortex B53 ARMv8 (Cores: 2).
Is it posible that a BCM49408 with 2 disabled cores is in my router ?
Original AC86U uses BCM4906 ARM v8 Cortex-A53

Attachments

• CBA50F76-AEFC-4BE6-8658-7EDA5685C5C5.png
    CBA50F76-AEFC-4BE6-8658-7EDA5685C5C5.png
    165 KB · Views: 462
Yes, this is what i noticed ... an updated cpu for rt-ac2900 ?

Attachments

• arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 639
  • arm2.jpg
    arm2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 410
Yes, this is what i noticed ... an updated cpu for rt-ac2900 ?
I don’t know about the chips in the Ac86u because I’ve only just brought it. Was there a different chip in the older models?

The question I have now: is the GT-AX11000 going to be supported by Merlin's build in the future? Looking at how the AC3200 is on its way out, I am looking for another tri-band asus router & Merlin's build has been very good for it. The big selling point for me is being able to establish a backhaul & utilize OpenVPN.
S AX1100 GOING TO BE TRI BAND ? IF SO I'M BUYING IF IT GETS MERLIN SUPPORT

Asus RT-AC2900 (AC86U) just installed 384.9_alpha1-g951fac98d indicates as CPU Model a Cortex B53 ARMv8 (Cores: 2).

A53 is the "generic" term. In truth it's a variant developped by Broadcom, hence the B53 reference on the webui.

The question I have now: is the GT-AX11000 going to be supported by Merlin's build in the future?

No, for the same reasons as the GT-AC5300.

What hardware revision is your device. Check the sticker on the back of your router.

Problem with my new RT-AX88U.

I can't find NAT acceleration setting in menu.

In menu LAN-> Switch control only have three option: Jumbo frame, Spanning-Tree Protocol and Bonding/Link aggregation. Without NAT acceleration my complete telephone system does not work anymore.

I need urgent help please!
:(

Edit: Here is my solution:
WAN - Internet Connection --> Basic Config --> NAT Type: Symmetric or Fullcone
Set: Fullcone

:)

Last edited:
Sorry for the newbish question but where could I find this builds? Do I have to compile them from source?

Problem with my new RT-AX88U.

I can't find NAT acceleration setting in menu.

In menu LAN-> Switch control only have three option: Jumbo frame, Spanning-Tree Protocol and Bonding/Link aggregation. Without NAT acceleration my complete telephone system does not work anymore.

I need urgent help please!
:(

Edit: Here is my solution:
WAN - Internet Connection --> Basic Config --> NAT Type: Symmetric or Fullcone
Set: Fullcone

:)

This (NAT acceleration setting) isn’t an option for the ac86u so I don’t it is an option in the ax88u

This (NAT acceleration setting) isn’t an option for the ac86u so I don’t it is an option in the ax88u

And NAT type has nothing to do with acceleration either.

I have a recurring problem that appeared with the alpha1-gce9e63186 load.
I have three devices that only use the 2.4 GHz band.
After installing alpha1-gce9e63186 one of these devices loses connections daily at midnight.
The device will not reconnect until a change is made in 2.4 GHz settings or a firewall restart.
Today, I rolled back to 384.7 and of course, the device came online as soon as the router restarted after applying the load.

No logs are created on the router, nothing at all looks suspicious/odd.
Nonetheless, every day with alpha1-gce9e63186, the device lost connectivity around midnight until a change was made in the router.
I'll hold judgement until Monday morning, let's see if the device has problems, though it has run fine in the past.

I feel like thanking both of you :) Where can we access these information? Is it in the Traffic Analyzer -> Statistic tab?
Next alpha.

It will be in the next Alpha build.

Note that you can also sort the table by clicking on the column headers - you can do the same on the DHCP Lease list and the existing Connection List, in case you didn't notice. This is possible thanks to Asus's Table object which they added to the firmware a few years ago, but barely used themselves throughout the firmware so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!