What's new

[384.9_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minidnla on Alpha 2 for video files still not working, the list of file is not displayed. Music is working. Any clues?
Yeah, MiniDLNA can't add new movies to database in alpha2 builds. I chose to rebuild the database now I can't found any file. haha

Reverting to last stable build.

Aww, I was coming here to see if this was fixed on alpha 2. Guess I'll stay on the first version of alpha 1 for now, thanks for testing it out guys

Yeah, MiniDLNA can't add new movies to database in alpha2 builds. I chose to rebuild the database now I can't found any file. haha

Reverting to last stable build.
Which build solves this?
If revert, then rebuild database, then go back to Alpha 2?
Is there a work around that doesn't involve going back to earlier builds?
Should I just wait for Merlin?
Inquiring minds want to know...;-)

The latest alpha 2 works fine on my RT-AC5300!

The latest alpha 2 works fine on my RT-AC5300!
I, too, have an RT-AC5300.
Alpha 2 works fine, so long as you add no media to the large media drive attached to the router to serve the network...minidlna. It will not rebuild the media database for additions, so whatever you have when you install the Alpha is all that you may use. I tried ejecting the drive, deleting the minidlna folder along with the 6 files written to the drive root. I reinserted the drive and loaded it. After about 20 minutes, cpu activity had stabilized at 2% each...normal loafing for the 5300. When media play was attempted on the network, the file structure was present, but minidlna saw NO PLAYABLE media.
I ejected the drive, again removed these indexing files/folders, moved back to the stable RT-AC5300_384.8_2 firmware, then connected the drive. After 20 minutes, the router again was loafing. Tried to play media on the network, and all was normal. ALL MEDIA, including new material, was present and played as usual.
Long story short, the alpha 2 seems to break the minidlna file addition protocol, and it refuses to rebuild the indices when a basic media drive is connected, essentially for the first time.

Those on 5300 - mind sharing your wifi professional setting?
I'm using the default settings, but mine isn't extraordinarily complex...

Minidlna working fine for me scanning and streaming videos. You probably have a video crashing the scanning process, check .minidlna/minidlna.log for more details, or enable debug in it to track down which file is corrupted.

Those on AC5300 and alpha 2.

Do you experience the following?

These log entries:

Jan 15 07:23:49 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:24:19 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:24:49 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:25:19 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync

And:

NVRAM usage jumping up and down on the TOOLS page and slowly increasing!

I, too, have an RT-AC5300.
Alpha 2 works fine, so long as you add no media to the large media drive attached to the router to serve the network...minidlna. It will not rebuild the media database for additions, so whatever you have when you install the Alpha is all that you may use. I tried ejecting the drive, deleting the minidlna folder along with the 6 files written to the drive root. I reinserted the drive and loaded it. After about 20 minutes, cpu activity had stabilized at 2% each...normal loafing for the 5300. When media play was attempted on the network, the file structure was present, but minidlna saw NO PLAYABLE media.
I ejected the drive, again removed these indexing files/folders, moved back to the stable RT-AC5300_384.8_2 firmware, then connected the drive. After 20 minutes, the router again was loafing. Tried to play media on the network, and all was normal. ALL MEDIA, including new material, was present and played as usual.
Long story short, the alpha 2 seems to break the minidlna file addition protocol, and it refuses to rebuild the indices when a basic media drive is connected, essentially for the first time.
Eric,
This is what I tried to set minidlna right again. If it would help, I'll put Alpha 2 back in use, add a new mp4, and see if it picks up the updated content. Then, I'll look at the log...
Before I deleted the index files to try a total rebuild, I copied the minidlan.log. It runs fine until this started:

[1969/12/31 19:07:37] monitor.c:299: warn: rowes=227, num_watches=227
[1969/12/31 19:08:15] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
[1969/12/31 19:08:15] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
[1969/12/31 19:08:17] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
[1969/12/31 19:08:17] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
[1969/12/31 19:32:00] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
[1969/12/31 19:32:01] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
[1969/12/31 19:32:01] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
[1969/12/31 19:35:04] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
[1969/12/31 19:35:04] upnpevents.c:369: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused

These repeat for pages and pages in notepad.
Hope this helps!

Try a different DLNA client to see if your issue isn't with the client device failing to connect with the DLNA server. I tested with Plugplayer on my Android tablet.

Also, enable the status web pagee, then check http://router.asus.com:8200 to see detected clients as well as number of scanned files of each types.

Decided to give 384.9_alpha2-gb16bc2518 a go on my Asus RT-AX88U and it seems to have some great improvements in terms of Adaptive QoS. Previously I could not enable Adaptive QoS without being capped at about 250 mbps as single core hit 100%. With this version I get the full 500 mbps and the core only hits about 40%.

Minidlna working fine for me scanning and streaming videos. You probably have a video crashing the scanning process, check .minidlna/minidlna.log for more details, or enable debug in it to track down which file is corrupted.

Hello,
In the log i'm getting alot of

minissdp.c:262: error: sendto(udp): Operation not permitted

This is probably the problem

Any clue?

Which build solves this?
If revert, then rebuild database, then go back to Alpha 2?
Is there a work around that doesn't involve going back to earlier builds?
Should I just wait for Merlin?
Inquiring minds want to know...;-)
For me, the last stable 384.9 alpha build with a working minidnla was the very first released alpha 1 for the rt5300. Past that version, minidnla can't see or stream video file's

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

All is working really well on my 87u on 384.9_alpha2-ga2c4a4a15 :)
Uptime 4 days 0 hours 26 minute(s) 29 seconds
Thanks @RMerlin awesome work

I am getting minidlna problems as well with alpha2 on my AC86U.
The audio and pictures scan properly but no video files.
I get this error in minidlna.log for every video files scanned :
[1970/01/01 10:20:32] metadata.c:742: warn: Opening /tmp/mnt/sdb1/Video/filename.mkv failed! [Protocol not found]
[1970/01/01 10:20:32] scanner.c:678: warn: Unsuccessful getting details for /tmp/mnt/sdb1/Video/filename.mkv

The video files are all avi, mp4 or mkv .
The minidlna web page shows :

Media library
Audio files 1349
Video files 0
Image files 1352

This problem started with alpha2.

Thanks RMerlin for all the hard work..

I am having the same problem with video files not showing up when accessed by my Roku Media player app. They simply do not show up. My audio files are showing up correctly. If I select all files in the dropdown menu it will then show the video files, but they all pull up as audio files. When played they play audio only. Was OK on 1st alpha, but alpha2 not working correctly?

All media files are in the mp4 container.

Thanks Again

Last edited:
I am having the same problem with video files not showing up when accessed by my Roku Media player app. They simply do not show up. My audio files are showing up correctly. If I select all files in the dropdown menu it will then show the video files, but they all pull up as audio files. When played they play audio only. Was OK on 1st alpha, but alpha2 not working correctly?

All media files are in the mp4 container.

Thanks Again
Me two, same problem, only in my case I have differente containers ( mkv, mp4, avi... ) Some video files are recognized as audio files, but most of them simply doesn't show up. Tried different DLNA players ( TV, Android box, ... ) all of them show the same problem. Definitely something wrong with minidlna. Reverting to first alpha ou last stable corrects the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!