What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reboot made no difference.
Any errors in the Syslog during boot, or later?
Anyway, since your router or the USB device seems to have a problem, try installing version 3.10.
Just copy/paste the install command from the website and see what happens.
If it still fails, a reinstall of AB is in order. To do that, maybe reformatting your USB device is best.
If you do that, you also should reformat the /jffs/ partition. Set it in Administration/System: Format JFFS partition at next boot. Set to yes and reboot router.

I did a full install as you suggested, it seems to have solved the issue. Everything works!
Good to hear.
Make sure to update the Entware packages as well. This installs the latest stable pixelserv version Kk.
Version Kl should be out in the near future, @kvic has made tremendous progress on speed, handling and error tolerance with the Kl test version.

Is there anyway to disable pagination? :rolleyes:

Is there anyway to disable pagination? :rolleyes:
Duh! [internal dialogue you don't want to hear]
I also found an inconsistency in the update-hosts.add addon.
I'm going to wait out the day and see if there's more and push an update later in my day.

Disable pagination?
This is what it'll look like, with additional pagination choices:

jc5FoVY.png

mine is like that;
edit: re-installed all scripts still same :/
As I said, I'll wait until the end of my day with pushing it to see if there are more fixes necessary.

So something really strange happened since the last update to 3.10: My AC-5300 locks up?!?
It just gets flooded with "something" I can't even reach 192.168.1.1 by webinterface or telnet
was able to reboot with USB once and it worked for 10mins on the clients connected to the router but the AC66n was blocked access from the router as well. :(

not sure if the problem is ab-solution, Skynet or Pixelserv 8d, but I really can't deal with this downtime right now. Troubleshooting and reinstalling everything again right now. Wife complaining, Netflix not working for the kids etc etc. Some devices like smart TV's are really tedious getting IP's refreshed.

Not sure what happened, but it will probably boil down to reformatting USB, erasing jffs partitions, rebooting routers, adding white list entries again. I was good till last night for nearly a month after my last re-install, but after 3.10 and that restart recognizing pixelsvr 8d, stuff went apeshit. :( (yesterday it said 8d in the servstats, but 8c in ab-solution)

EDIT: It seems that Skynet had an update last night which accidentially blocked 255.255.255.255 and completely isolated my router and blocked DHCP. after unblocking everything seems back to normal.

Last edited:
EDIT: It seems that Skynet had an update last night which accidentially blocked 255.255.255.255 and completely isolated my router and blocked DHCP. after unblocking everything seems back to normal.
I noticed this morning that my Apple devices would not connect to WLAN. Apparently they check if internet is up when connecting.
Something was blocking the check upstream. Disabled Skynet and the Apples instantly re-connect.
Have yet to figure out what is blocked in Skynet.

@Adamm and I are already discussing this. We will come up with a solution.

I noticed this morning that my Apple devices would not connect to WLAN. Apparently they check if internet is up when connecting.
Something was blocking the check upstream. Disabled Skynet and the Apples instantly re-connect.
Have yet to figure out what is blocked in Skynet.

@Adamm and I are already discussing this. We will come up with a solution.

I've removed the offending entry from Skynet filter.list until my internet connection is up and running again and I can adjust the filtering (down for the last 12 hours ). Running banmalware again should fix the issue.

Sorry to any users who were affected.

Thank you for the update thelonelycoder!

Love that is shows the Pixelserv version in the main menu now.

Thank you for the update thelonelycoder!

Love that is shows the Pixelserv version in the main menu now.

2,117,000 blocks with the standard blocking file? That's a lot of traffic through the router.
Is this since AB 3?

The addon files functions.add and update-hosts.add version 3.10.1 are now available

Use cu to update.

Fixed an inconsistency in update-hosts.add where the blocking file update would add comments from the whitelist to the shared-AB-whitelist.
In el you can now set pagination to off and more options are available if it's set to on, see image below:

jc5FoVY.png

Having the exact same issue. Haven't checked what's causing it, just use my phone to download those drivers etc...

Edit: The answer appeared before i even hade typed my message, LoL. Thanx @thelonelycoder

Having the exact same issue. Haven't checked what's causing it, just use my phone to download those drivers etc...

Edit: The answer appeared before i even hade typed my message, LoL. Thanx @thelonelycoder
Beat you by one minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.