What's new

AC66U wifi issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mkstretch

New Around Here
I have noticed a slow down when surfing the web on my ipad. I do speedtest and have noticed slow speeds of about 2-8mbps. My normal is 40mbps. I thought it might be my ipad but I did a speed test on my wife's with the same results. Is there a known issue with wifi speeds? Thanks.

I have noticed a slow down when surfing the web on my ipad. I do speedtest and have noticed slow speeds of about 2-8mbps. My normal is 40mbps. I thought it might be my ipad but I did a speed test on my wife's with the same results. Is there a known issue with wifi speeds? Thanks.

What version of FW ?

also are you on the 2.4 or 5ghz radios?

If the iPads aren't the only wireless devices that you have, how are your other wireless clients doing? I've had my own very similar wireless speed problems with my iPad, but all my other wireless clients are doing fine, so I'm thinking the problem has been associated with iOS 6.1.3. Been on iOS 7 for a day and a half now, and it has been totally stable so far. Hoping that continues.

On the other hand, the only thing that's consistently helped my iPad, oddly enough, is reflashing the same version of the firmware. No need to change any settings, just reflashing the current firmware did the job. I don't know why, but the times that I've done that the wireless speed on my iPad has gone back to normal. Didn't make sense tome, but it worked, somehow.

I just installed this firmware after running Merlin in hopes of fixing the problem. After I flashed the router with the firmware I held the reset button in for about 5secs.

I just installed this firmware after running Merlin in hopes of fixing the problem. After I flashed the router with the firmware I held the reset button in for about 5secs.

And then, after the reset, did you enter your settings manually or use a previous .CFG settings file? Re-entering your settings manually is the way to go after a reset if you're having problems.

Random question, is this a new router you installed to replace another one (reusing same SSID)?

My next recommendation is to temporarily change the SSID and only join the single iPad to it. Then test it and see if it's ok or not.

I spent about 6 weeks figuring out my iPad performance issues were caused by other clients stamping on the radio - this test will at least prove if it's an iPad->router issue or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Random question, is this a new router you installed to replace another one (reusing same SSID)?

My next recommendation is to temporarily change the SSID and only join the single iPad to it. Then test it and see if it's ok or not.

I spent about 6 weeks figuring out my iPad performance issues were caused by other clients stamping on the radio - this test will at least prove if it's an iPad->router issue or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes this is a new router using the same SSID as the old.
Thanks for the suggestions to try.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!