What's new

Asus AC5300 (Merlin 380.63) with Comcast XB3 Bridge Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anthony_marsh

New Around Here
I have an issue that has been re-occuring for quite some time...

I have a Comcast XB3 (DPC3941T) that is in Bridge mode - and my AC5300 (380.63) behind it. Every day or so (sometimes, multiple times a day), my Asus router loses Internet connectivity - the physical light remains white, but for all intents and purposes there is no connection to the web. When I reboot, the light then turns red - and I have to go down the route of unplugging the Comcast cable modem and getting the two working together (this in itself, often takes 2-3 or more attempts - I find when the "online" light is flashing on the Comcast box is the best time for the Asus router to detect its WAN address).

Sometimes, I also get this message "ISP's DHCP function did not function correctly." in the System Log. This has been on-going for all previous firmwares too.

For reference, I used to live in the UK using Virgin Media's Superhub modems an an old RT-N66U (with Asus Merlin) and that solution was bullet-proof - uptime of months on both (besides firmware upgrades).

I've also had a Comcast tech out to review all physical connectivity both out to the pole and within the home - no signal issues.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I had the same issue when i had the isp dhcp set to aggressive vs normal mode. Can try to see if its that

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!