What's new

Asus AX58 vs AX3000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

So looking again to buy new router to replace the isp router cause I getting complaint again about the wifi

What heck is diffrence between the AX 58u and AX3000 most place list the AX3000 the same as the AX 58u yet Asus has 2 product pages and merlin has software for both. I was gona by the AX86u from Bestbuy cause apparntly they have on sale for 49$...

Just need better range and better signal then the craptasic F@st 5268 that also has underpower cpu

They are the same router even use the same firmware.

Same router, made in different locations.

Early NA Best buy AX58Us were made in Taiwan. NA model AX3000 is was/is made in Vietnam.

European AX58U is made in China.

Edit: If you're looking for range, Skip the AX58U and go for the AX82U or AX86U for 4x4 5G radio. AC clients perform much better (range) on the fully enabled radios. AX58U is software limited to 2x4 T/R and cant be modified.

I assume you have a Spectrum/Optimum Sagemcom 5260 (3x3 QCA radio) which honestly isn't that bad for a rental router. You'll typically run into ram bottlenecks before you even hit CPU issues for multiple clients.

Last edited by a moderator:
so basicly the same router? I was reading there usb diffrence on them and enterpise wifi support on 3000?

And yes
Spectrum/Optimum Sagemcom 5260 horrible under power 1 cleint streaming is enough to make thing slow down imo, and range is bad ad other end of house seeing router has no choice but to be corner of the house. I hoping the Newer router will have better range.'

Would bought AX86u from bestbuy cause they were selling it for 49.99 but it out stock, which not suprising consider its 250$ router

I also like to get router that is gona be support for merlin the AX82U or AX86U are not on the list atm and not if and when it would

Last edited:
They are not on the list, but the RT-AX86U is announced as officially supported.

Right now (without even having seen one) it seems like the highest model with (soon-ish) RMerlin support worth buying.

They are not on the list, but the RT-AX86U is announced as officially supported.

Right now (without even having seen one) it seems like the highest model with (soon-ish) RMerlin support worth buying.

To bad I could not get 86u from bestbuy when it was 49.99, though I think it was a mistake cause now it listed a 240$