What's new

ASUS router and NVIDIA Shield TV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I´ve experienced the same with RMerlin with that setup. Moved the Shield near the router and connected through cable was my only solution. So yes, the problem presents itself with RMerlin.

Don't know if this is related, but there was someone with roku awhile back that had issues similar to what was described and it ended up being wan mtu size. May be worth a try to reduce it and see if it fares any better. Start with with 1300 and increment by 50 and try again.

May be worth a try.

And stick with 5ghz if its supported. Less chance of interference (but shorter distance)

Don't know if this is related, but there was someone with roku awhile back that had issues similar to what was described and it ended up being wan mtu size. May be worth a try to reduce it and see if it fares any better. Start with with 1300 and increment by 50 and try again.

May be worth a try.

And stick with 5ghz if its supported. Less chance of interference (but shorter distance)
Ok, thanks. It's worth a shot!

Hi,
running the shield on RT-87U with Merlin but with RJ45, so no issue. Just an idea that might help: put the shield as static IP and put it permanent in ARP table,
GS

I've use my Shield with a ac87u with wired and wireless(5ghz). I'm in a condo with quite a bit of network congestion and it seems to work fine.

I've use my Shield with a ac87u with wired and wireless(5ghz). I'm in a condo with quite a bit of network congestion and it seems to work fine.
by the moment the shield is connected via wire, wireless is disabled .....

Hi,
running the shield on RT-87U with Merlin but with RJ45, so no issue. Just an idea that might help: put the shield as static IP and put it permanent in ARP table,
GS
Yesterday I tried to use a static IP for the Shield but that did not work.

According to the Nvidia link I posted it is only some Asus router that are affected.

They also mention a Netgear router, with an identical chipset.

Sorry for the missing update, however testing for the entire weekend I have not had a single connection loss Unfortunately, I don't know the exact fix. What I did was:
-assign a static IP to the shield
-flash Merlin FW 384.7
-allow low power channels (Shield)
-allow apps to scan WiFi (Shield)

Thanks to everyone for helping me out!

Wired and no problems but I use it few weeks over WIFI and I never got problems...
I bought my Shield TV 2015.

Sorry for the missing update, however testing for the entire weekend I have not had a single connection loss Unfortunately, I don't know the exact fix. What I did was:
-assign a static IP to the shield
-flash Merlin FW 384.7
-allow low power channels (Shield)
-allow apps to scan WiFi (Shield)

Thanks to everyone for helping me out!

Just a long-term "review". The Merlin FW 384.7 is still going strong, I've not had a single disconnect :) However, at some point I upgraded to Merlin FW 384.8 and I started to experience disconnects again. Downgraded to 384.7 and no issues since. I'll stay with the 384.7 FW, if it works don't fix it!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!