What's new

Asus Router app - HTTPS Protocol issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DavidHK

Occasional Visitor
Asus RT-AC68U with 3.0.0.4.384.10_0 firmware.
On my OnePlus 5T phone (Android 9.0.4) I have installed the Asus Router App for Android.

When connecting the app to the router I have an 'INSIGHT' section and it recommends me to use a more secure connection 'Click to change to https protocol'. I have clicked it and it says 'successful'.

However, after a few days I have gone back, and it has the same recommendation. This has now happened a few times. Obviously something is resetting/not staying set.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-104910.jpg
    Screenshot_20190330-104910.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 626
I've never used the phone app. If you read discssions on the forum the recommendations will be to disable web access to the router from the internet, due to security concerns. Seems most people use openvpn for administrator access to the router, I use a ssh tunnel.

However, after a few days I have gone back, and it has the same recommendation.

This app is not bug free. I remember seeing new firmware update notification even though the router was running the latest available firmware already.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!