What's new

Asus RT-AC66U DLNA could not been found from one day to the other

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stepge

New Around Here
Hi all,

My Set up includes an Asus RT-AC66U together with a 1Tb 2,5“storage plugged in one of the Asus usb ports. For nearly 6 month I have used this combo for my sonos ,my iPad,my nexus 7, my prioneer vsx 923 avr and my bedroom tv. I used to hear musik and watch movies with dlna.

But two weeks ago, the dlna client of the Asus 1Tb storage have not been found on my bedroom tv and I began to investigate.

I realised, that i couldn't access to music over dlna from my AVR and also have no access with my tablets to the dlna (with imedashare app)

I can still acces to my mediafiles on this ASUS 2,5" 1TB storage via FTP (table fileexplorer) and also via Notebook. The storage is listed as a network device.

I have tried following to solve my problem and to get my ASUS DLNA listet again in my network.

1: Pull and Push voltage Plug of the ASUS Router. (make him get no power)
2: Go to the Router adjustment via 192.168... and the to "usb management"-> Servers Center. There i switched the "enable dlna media Server" and also "itunes Server activation" to "off" and "on"
3: I choosed again the correct "media server direktion" to /mnt/TOSHIBA_1T_asus
4:i have restart the router directly from this 192.168.... menu (i saw this restart button on top)

I'm at the end with my ideas. Could you please help me an give me some hints to solve this problem?

Sorry for my english but you are my last help.
Thanks and regards,

Stephan

Hello all,

I am experiencing the same symptoms with my own RT-AC66U, although this is happening straight out-of-the-box.

Tried with multiple usb drives (either self or usb powered to make sure). On one of them I had very few folders & files. On the day I set up the DLNA, after a (long) while scanning, I could see all files in my clients (e.g. VLC ios). Alas the very next day I could only see half of the folders at best, or even coukd not see the router altogether. Same problem with other devices (wired PS3, etc.).

On a larger hard drive with many more folders and files I could never get to see all of them in the client apps or softwares.

SMB and FTP work fine.

Any thoughts ? (firmware is 3.0.0.4.376). If it's just a faulty unit I can still return it. If another firmware would solve the problem that would be even easier.

Thanks