What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My syslog has gone mad after 4 days uptime. Around the time I was expecting the dodgy Amazon speaker to disconnect on 5ghz, syslog says it Auth'ed about 20 times.

Overall I really like the changes to managing the Mesh network!

So far everything seems stable since I loaded the beta4 about 5 hours ago. I'm running a RT-AC86U as the main router and a RT-AC66 B1 as the node. Wifi seems stable and responsive (just subjective, no real testing) I have noticed when I first flashed the beta the network stats (transmit/receive rate) were working, now they are just showing zero for both main router and node.

Other than that all seems good

After a reboot on the AC68U the USB 2.0 device disappears and doesn't come back, in my case a USB modem. So dual wan doesnt work after a reboot or settings change. Only way to get router to detect the USB modem is a power cycle with this firmware and then Dual WAN starts working.

For @ASUSWRT_2020

Something else I have noticed from the standard client listing on occasions. If the mobile phone in not active, but still attached to the network, i.e., no rx/TX rates are registering/being displayed. The interface assigned to the mobile phone is that of the ethernet icon. Anyone else noticing this?

In addition, there are clients which are not being removed from the standard client listing. When checking through the new AiMesh menu, main/nodes, clients, (without the use of a guest account of course), the clients (disconnected) are not being displayed which is correct. But there is a definite disparity between what clients are show between the two. The standard client listing is not removing non active clients at times for whatever reason, From the new AiMesh client listing is accurate. Hope I'm making some sort of sense....

Refresh cached/memory/clear/ problem on the standard client listing maybe...

Cant be me the only one noticing this problem/s, anyone else?

A reboot of ALL does clear things up.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
update the 5 ghz signal is very weak, much worse than the latest official firmware for the GT-AC C5300.
Will go 24 hrs and decide whether to go back to the latest released official firmware.

CC
Any improvements?

I'm about to try it on my AC86U standalone... while waiting for a new node to arrive.

I see new 86U firmware 3.0.0.4.384.82072 was just released. I'd like to know how ongoing released improvements relate to this RC2 beta firmware... are the just released 82072 fixes in RC2? I assume not, so when does RC2/AiMesh 2.0 get 82072 fixes and so on?

OE
Great question. @ASUSWRT_2020 any response to this question?

Last edited:
Anyone out there trying the Smart Connect, would be interested to see if there are any improvements around it.

Last edited:
I have tried the new bonding via the new AiMesh and it seems to be working well for me. The devices I have nominated are not roaming between nodes anymore.

The current user interface does not show the devices which connect to the guest network.
We are going to implement the web GUI to show the client information.
Great news thanks for the response.

I've noticed issues with connecting to the routers after being up for a couple days so I updated and now I have packet loss problems and have to reset the mesh Network every 24 hours.

I have a GT-AX11000 as main router and three RT-AX92U as AiMesh nodes. Two are wireless and one wired.
Yesterday I tried the new RC2-4 on all of them. Factory reset with WPS-button and set up with minimal changes to default, i.e selecting channel 6 for 2.4 GHz, channel 36 for 5 GHz-1 but let 5 GHz-2 remain on auto.
Did a couple of soft resets on all units as well but the nodes were never stable for long.
All of the AX92U stopped transmitting on all WiFi-bands after a while. I checked with Apples iOS-app AirPort, but all node radios "died" and only AX11000 was still transmitting.
The wired node was worst of them all and died only after a few minutes while the wireless could last for a couple of hours but all would eventually die.

The nodes also seemed to have the same problem with reconnecting to the 5GHz-2 backhaul when the main router changed channel as the official fw 9177, staying on 2.4 GHz instead.
Couldn't really test if they eventually would reconnect as all the radios died...

@ASUSWRT_2020
Is it possible for the XT8 to use 80+80 with a firmware update? Or does the hardware mean this is not possible?
Can 36-64 be made available to the backhaul with a firmware update?

Thanks

For @ASUSWRT_2020

Something else I have noticed from the standard client listing on occasions. If the mobile phone in not active, but still attached to the network, i.e., no rx/TX rates are registering/being displayed. The interface assigned to the mobile phone is that of the ethernet icon. Anyone else noticing this?

In addition, there are clients which are not being removed from the standard client listing. When checking through the new AiMesh menu, main/nodes, clients, (without the use of a guest account of course), the clients (disconnected) are not being displayed which is correct. But there is a definite disparity between what clients are show between the two. The standard client listing is not removing non active clients at times for whatever reason, From the new AiMesh client listing is accurate. Hope I'm making some sort of sense....

Refresh cached/memory/clear/ problem on the standard client listing maybe...

Cant be me the only one noticing this problem/s, anyone else?

A reboot of ALL does clear things up.
Good afternoon ! i noticed this problem on my rt-ac88u

The current user interface does not show the devices which connect to the guest network.
We are going to implement the web GUI to show the client information.

That's awesome to hear, how about the iOS & Android app?

I have a GT-AX11000 as main router and three RT-AX92U as AiMesh nodes. Two are wireless and one wired.
Yesterday I tried the new RC2-4 on all of them. Factory reset with WPS-button and set up with minimal changes to default, i.e selecting channel 6 for 2.4 GHz, channel 36 for 5 GHz-1 but let 5 GHz-2 remain on auto.
Did a couple of soft resets on all units as well but the nodes were never stable for long.
All of the AX92U stopped transmitting on all WiFi-bands after a while. I checked with Apples iOS-app AirPort, but all node radios "died" and only AX11000 was still transmitting.
The wired node was worst of them all and died only after a few minutes while the wireless could last for a couple of hours but all would eventually die.

The nodes also seemed to have the same problem with reconnecting to the 5GHz-2 backhaul when the main router changed channel as the official fw 9177, staying on 2.4 GHz instead.
Couldn't really test if they eventually would reconnect as all the radios died...
Hi,
I have a similar setup, GT-AX11000 as main, and 2 Wireless RT-AX92U as nodes using version: 9.0.0.4.386_39485
I suggest to factory reset the nodes, and add them to the mesh again.

I'm having a problem with one of the nodes, wireless clients lose conectivity but the node is accesible via other node or main router. Like if the bridge stopped working on that node, but I don't know how to diagnose that more precisely. Rebooting that node temporary solve the issue.

I removed the 160Mhz channel option for the front and back 5Ghz network, it seems the network is more stable after that.
I also turned off the QoS option, it seems it was not working well, limiting the bandwidth to very low levels...
I'm not using AiProtection or the other packet inspection tools...

The internet speed test located inside the game acceleration menu, got stuck in the testing phase, even if I rebooted the router it said testing, after checking the nvram parameters I noticed the ookla_state had 1 as value, I changed it to 0 and it worked again...

Regards,

Something else I have noticed about the RT-AC68U syslog. I changed password for 5ghz on the router and the log said auth success (0) several times on PCs that were trying to reconnect but I had not updated password yet. Something wrong there. Said it several times for PCs attempting to connect until I changed the password on the PC.

@banger, that seems to be in line with what I would expect.

If you left the SSID the same but changed the password, it can't connect and shows 'zero' for successful attempt, no?

Something else I have noticed about the RT-AC68U syslog. I changed password for 5ghz on the router and the log said auth success (0) several times on PCs that were trying to reconnect but I had not updated password yet. Something wrong there. Said it several times for PCs attempting to connect until I changed the password on the PC.

Do you know what 'auth success (0)' means?

OE

Interestingly I factory formatted my node, set it up as a router and it connected back to guest account without me even setting up guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!