What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.47 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks. Not familiar with Github, as I only download from your download links. I assume code/fws go to Github, then get released by your in Beta/final FW format, and then placed on your download links?

That's correct. Github is a code repository where I push the source code as I progress through development. Some developers prefer to only publish at the same time they make a release, personally I prefer to push immediately after I worked on a piece of code. That way, it acts as a backup to my development machine, and it also gives early access to other developers that might be interested in that code.

You can watch the commit log (a commit is a code change that is pushed to the repository, associated with a description as to what that specific code change does) through this URL:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commits/master

This has probably been discussed (but not sure). Some of the devices in the client status section are showing connected to the router, when they are wireless connections (RT-AC66U....47 & 45).

I've noticed that making adjustments in the qos I have had to reboot the router. Devices would show connected but would refuse to open pages. After rebooting router it seems to work good again for a while.

I don't know if this is a bug but if I reset the router through the webGUI then after the reset the router won't recognize the modem so I have to physically pull the power and restart it.

Dead Loop on virtual device

I thought I read about this in another post, but I don't remember the answer. Was this error supposed to be fixed in an update or is it something Asus is still working on? It's really getting aggravating.

ep 30 18:03:57 kernel: net_ratelimit: 5 callbacks suppressed
Sep 30 18:03:58 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:06 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:07 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:19 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Sep 30 18:05:19 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:27 kernel: net_ratelimit: 20 callbacks suppressed
Sep 30 18:05:27 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:32 kernel: net_ratelimit: 19 callbacks suppressed
Sep 30 18:05:32 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:33 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:37 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:51 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Sep 30 18:05:51 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:51 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:05:52 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:06:16 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:06:16 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:06:32 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:06:34 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
Sep 30 18:06:34 kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
S

Now you have 2 posts with the same question. Your correct you had seen the answer before so now try the search feature. One and done...

I don't know if this is a bug but if I reset the router through the webGUI then after the reset the router won't recognize the modem so I have to physically pull the power and restart it.

You're giving us about zero info about your setup, which makes it impossible for anyone to even guess what might be your issue. What router model? What type of modem? What type of Internet connection?

Now you have 2 posts with the same question. Your correct you had seen the answer before so now try the search feature. One and done...

I posted again because I didn't get an answer the first time. I did search, and I didn't find any resolution to this issue unless the resolution is no solution yet.

I've been on set filming a movie every single day for 12-16 hours and haven't been able to stay on top of things on a daily basis like some of you who still live at home with mommy. Instead of complaining about my post, why can't you just answer my question? It's almost 4AM where I am, I have to be on set in 2 hours, and I haven't slept yet. I thought someone would be gratious enough to provide an answer, unlike you, so I don't have to dig around for another couple of hours and not get my 2 hours of sleep. By the way, why don't you go back to grammar class and learn how to write a sentence?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Maybe you really have a physical loop in your network? Or one of router ports isn't working properly.

Ok
why did he not recognize my PC connected to port 1
Even if I conect my laptop comes this message too
What part of Port One doesn't support remembering the last accessed MAC address due to it being handled differently/by a different chip than the other three do you not understand? NO amount of repeating the question will elicit a different answer...its a limitation, not a bug, or a glitch.. Its a shortcoming of the particular switch chip that runs Port 1 (Realtek) vs the rest of them (Broadcomm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmag View Post
I received today my RT-AC87U in Germany

I have a problem with the LAN 1 connection there is at load device lakes <unknown> this is a firmware bug

No this it not a bug, this is a technical limitation. The switch that provides the Lan 1 port doesn't provide the last seen MAC, so that's why it's being reported as unknown.

Last edited:
For me the wifi range is definitely lower (It was best with .43)

I test it with wifi analysiser and used to able to get all the way to the bottom of garden and get a decent signal , now I cant.

I ran speed tests last night and am now getting around 75/80 when previously I was getting 108 ( i have 100mb but for some reason get 108 )

I'm not trying to be contentious but perhaps working on range and speed rather than bells and whistles for version .48 might be the thing to do ?

Same for me, really bad wifi :(

With RT-AC68U the 5G wifi is, for me, useless in terms of range after update, reverted back to .45

The 5ghz wifi range has been terrible for me ever since the 376.44 firmware. I am running the RT-N66R though. That's why I am just going to stick with the 374.35_4-sdk5 build until I get a newer router or the range issue is resolved. It sucks the wireless driver is a closed source, so nobody can go in and fix it except for Broadcom.

Last edited:
Maybe you really have a physical loop in your network? Or one of router ports isn't working properly.
I do have an AP that I'm running on my netwotk in addition to my primary router. Do you think it's possible something isn't setup right with the AP and is causing these errors? Last night, I tried streaming a movie off Netflix. The device I'm running Netflix on is hardwired into the AP, and during the movie it kept buffering, which it's never done before. I have a 250Mbps internet connection, and my AP is hardwired into my primary router, and my primary router is hardwired into my cable modem, so I shouldn't get any buffering if everything was working optimally.

My primary router is set for 192.168.1.1, my AP has a static IP of 192.168.1.2, and the primary router is wired into one of the LAN ports on my AP. I was previously using a Western Digital Wireless AC Repeater where my AP is currently hooked up, but it didn't transmit a wireless signal for someone to connect to, only a wireless signal to connect to my primary router.

I recently bought an Asus RT-AC87R to use as my primary router, moved the RT-AC66U (this was my primary router) to replace the repeater, had a CAT6 line run to the room where I installed the RT-AC66U as an AP, and hooked up most of my components to the LAN ports of the AP, have both the 2.4Ghz band and the 5Ghz band extending my wireless signal and have the guest networks enabled for each band as well.

Do you have any suggestions of things I could check in my settings that might possibly be causing this issue? I really do appreciate your help on this. My network has been running slow lately, and I'd like to fix whatever might be causing these errors. I can't seem to get anyone else to give me a hand fixing this.

If you can help me get my primary router and my AP setup optimally and maximize the speed of each, I'll give you $300. I've had everything working fine until I replaced the repeater with my AP. When I was still using the repeater, I still had the RT-AC66U setup in AP mode, I just had it located elsewhere. I was also using a Netgear R7000 running DD-WRT as my primary router. The R7000 is now collecting dust in my pile of old routers.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Feel free to message me as well.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

@roldogg Try enabling jumbo frame in Lan - Switch Control

Last edited:
Set the first router in default wireless mode and the second in AP mode. Try rolling back the firmware to 45. Give the money to charity if all works well.:)

If it works, you name the charity. Should I roll back to firmware .45 on both routers (RT-AC87R & RT-AC66U)? Also, does it make any difference if the static IP on the AP needs to fall within the DHCP range or not? It's only setup as an AP and devices that connect to it get their IP from my primary router, if they don't already have a static IP, since DHCP is turned off on the AP. One last question, can I just flash back to that firmware with no problems or do I need to reset them, or load the default BIOS first and then flash the firmware since I'm going backwards? Like you have to do with DD-WRT?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!