What's new

AX-11000 VLAN support on WAN interface (802.1Q) with stock AsusWRT?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CTV

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

I recently had a fibre connection installed and activated by another ISP and I wanted to set up my AX-11000 to interface with the ONT directly and omit the ISP-issued router alltother.

The ISP does support this, however it does seem like there is a requirement to set up the WAN interface with a specific VLAN, which I've been finding difficult to set up as firstly the configuration option does briefly appear under 802.1Q when selecting WAN > Internet Connection, though disappears after the page is fully loaded / rendered.

Any ideas? Does the AX-11000 VLAN support on WAN interface (802.1Q) with stock AsusWRT? I would be surprised if it doesn't yet there is clearly some reference to it in the the AsusWRT firmware:

1639493077691.png

There's no such model as an AX-11000. You appear to have a GT-AX11000.

Try factory resetting the router and configuring it again using the Quick Internet Setup.

There's no such model as an AX-11000. You appear to have a GT-AX11000.

Try factory resetting the router and configuring it again using the Quick Internet Setup.
Thank you for your reply.

You are correct, I just shortened the model number by omitting the GT prefix.

To your advice, is it expected that using the Quick Internet Setup wizard, one would be presented with an option to define the VLAN (802.1Q) configuration for the WAN interface as part of using this wizard?

To your advice, is it expected that using the Quick Internet Setup wizard, one would be presented with an option to define the VLAN (802.1Q) configuration for the WAN interface as part of using this wizard?
I don't know, but your WAN settings look messed up to me. I've only ever seen those sort of options appear on DSL- models or when dual-WAN and/or IPTV was used. But I don't have a GT-AX11000 so it might just be different than what I'm used to.

Your picture shows a "WAN Index" without a value which makes me think it's a corrupted dual-WAN configuration page.

I don't know, but your WAN settings look messed up to me. I've only ever seen those sort of options appear on DSL- models or when dual-WAN and/or IPTV was used. But I don't have a GT-AX11000 so it might just be different than what I'm used to.

Your picture shows a "WAN Index" without a value which makes me think it's a corrupted dual-WAN configuration page.
Hi again.

Following your advice to use the quick internet setup wizard, I chose the option to define custom configuration my ISP may require which in turn allowed me to set up the VLAN settings that I required which worked - thank you!

I also opted to set the VLAN id on one of the LAN interfaces to connect the media box for the IPTV service I subscribed, though unfortunately I haven’t got this to work. Reviewing the IPTV settings under the Advanced LAN settings did have an advisory message indicating that multicast routing is not enabled:

“Due to hardware limitation, IGMP proxy cannot co-exist with IPTV function.”

Is this perhaps why the media box isn’t able to connect to the IPTV service, even though I have set up the required VLAN id on the connected ethernet interface?

I don't think an IGMP proxy is used when you're connecting a TV box directly to the specified LAN port. But this is not something I've tried myself. Try searching the forum for other users that have the same IPTV provider.

Glad to hear the internet is working though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!