What's new

AX86U 386.1_beta5 OpenVPN Error. Certificate keys not saving

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mamba24

New Around Here
VPN: Surfshark & PrivateInternetAccess
The system logs seem to indicate i'm missing the certificate, even though i've checked that it's included in the openvpn file i downloaded.

Jan 27 17:29:00 ovpn-client1[10176]: Options error: You must define CA file (--ca) or CA path (--capath)
Jan 27 17:29:00 ovpn-client1[10176]: Use --help for more information.
Jan 27 17:29:00 openvpn: Starting OpenVPN client 1 failed!

When i try to manually add the Certs/Keys, and click save, then click apply. they seem to automatically get deleted? Please help, i had an AC88u running merlin and this was working fine. not sure what's going on with the new router. Talked to surfshark support and they basically tried to walk me through the steps of manually adding the CA keys, but again it didnt save.

UPDATE: I just flashed the original ASUS firmware to confirm the VPN worked (it did), and then re-flashed with Merlin, working now!

Last edited:
Or in this case, JFFS being full or unmounted (that's where certificates are stored).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!