What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since upgrading to 384 releases for AC56U, I've got a strange issue when upgrading to newer versions. I can't see the progress of uploading and updating the firmware, just first dialog - no progress bar, pings are running fine.
When I hit f5, then it starts upgrading - I mean pings are gone for some time and router restarts.
No change if I'm connected throuhg wifi or cable.
Does someone has such situation?

Please keep it at the local IP address, I hate that router.asus.com thing too!

Sure, in release/src/router/www/js/httpApi.js you could replace line 392:
Code:
-    var pLang = httpApi.nvramGet(["preferred_lang"]).preferred_lang;

+    var faqInfo = httpApi.nvramGet(["preferred_lang", "http_dut_redir"]);
+    var pLang = faqInfo.preferred_lang;
and then wrap the $.ajax-request like this:
Code:
if (faqInfo.http_dut_redir == "1") {
    // existing lines 423-438 here $.ajax({ ... });
} else {
    document.getElementById(_Objid).href = temp_URL_lang;
}
Untested, but that should do it I think.

Either that, or use a validator method to determine if the host is an IP or a FQDN, for a more bulletproof approach.

In any case, thanks for digging through it. I had logged that cross-domain error message as something to investigate at a later time, but more pressing bugs kept me from looking into it so far.

Since upgrading to 384 releases for AC56U, I've got a strange issue when upgrading to newer versions. I can't see the progress of uploading and updating the firmware, just first dialog - no progress bar, pings are running fine.
When I hit f5, then it starts upgrading - I mean pings are gone for some time and router restarts.
No change if I'm connected throuhg wifi or cable.
Does someone has such situation?

It's more likely to be a browser issue IMHO, since that countdown is handled by the browser.

It's more likely to be a browser issue IMHO, since that countdown is handled by the browser.
Will try with another and reply as soon as new upgrade will be available.
Does someone has also problems that iPhone sometimes disconnects and shows wrong password with wpa2-enterprise configured network? Suspect that is iPhone related issue not router

Upgraded both 68U and 86U to 384.3 Beta but the 68U appears to be having issues in Repeater mode. None of the clients connected via the 68U can access the internet. Parent AP status shows disconnected yet there is a connection between the two nodes. Just clients connected to 68U cannot get internet. I see this in the log on the 68U. I'm no expert on these messages.

Feb 13 19:00:31 dnsmasq-dhcp[299]: no address range available for DHCP request via br0

Your case is likely due to insufficient memory.
Try do a restart of router before the flashing.
You can even do the following command after the reboot.
sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Thanks, will try your solution the next time a firmware update comes out

@RMerlin, for your knowledge, it may be useful in the future
i things, the problem with USB modems is that Asus change the version of kernel (.ko files in /lib/modules/2.6.36.4brcmarm/kernel/drivers/usb). In this moment one way to use model like 3372 from Huawei is add in init-start script command [modprobe -option vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1506]. After this the load balancing WAN-USB work fine.
But they not resolve the randomly problem with modem like [ pppd[27712]: Connect script failed ]. After the at^reset, or usb_modeswitch -R -v 0x12d1 -p 0x1506 or usb_modeswitch -J -v 0x12d1 -p 0x1506 and after with modprobe -option vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1506 command the modem is recognized but the kernel give many error with problem to umount and mount usb memory with my entware (kernel: usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110 ect) and at the end the my 68U needs reboot.

Flashed to 384.3-Beta 1 from ASUSWRT stock 20287. My issues that I had with Traffic Analyzer not showing for 802.3ad (bonded wired), and wireless traffic reception were fixed in stock firmware. With this version, it has only fixed for the wireless. No traffic shows at all still for 802.3ad. QoS seems to be functioning okay now. No horrible buffer bloat.

Never bothered to test the stock 20308 or whatever it was from ASUS, but I am sure it remained fixed.

Flashed to 384.3-Beta 1 from ASUSWRT stock 20287. My issues that I had with Traffic Analyzer not showing for 802.3ad (bonded wired), and wireless traffic reception were fixed in stock firmware. With this version, it has only fixed for the wireless. No traffic shows at all still for 802.3ad. QoS seems to be functioning okay now. No horrible buffer bloat.

Never bothered to test the stock 20308 or whatever it was from ASUS, but I am sure it remained fixed.

If it was fixed in 384_20287 then it will have to wait until the next release. 384.3 is based on 384_10070.

Either that, or use a validator method to determine if the host is an IP or a FQDN, for a more bulletproof approach.

Just downgrading on the use of an IP isn't enough - using a router's LAN hostname will also be rejected by the cross-domain policy check. Without knowing which specific domains would be allowed (just *asus.com, or would their DDNS domain also be allowed), it's simpler to just drop their Ajax logic for anything but the router.asus.com hostname.

Is this FW working well on the AC 3200 now . I'm still running 380,69.2 as there is no going back from 382/384 FW . Amy input appreciated .
Thanks

Not even with the "Asus firmware restoration utility"?

No, because of the upgraded bootloader and nvram resizing.

No going back from 382/384 versions ? I have reverted from 382 to 369 without any issues on my AC68U.

I have had some issues with both 382 and 369 , i.e. I experienced the first random rebooot of the router in three years and overall net instability. Probably related to some trend-micro related entries in the syslog while the connection/speed dropped dramatically and resulted in practically loss of connection. Unfortunately this is all the input I can provide.

Running the beta for 36+ hours now - all running fine and smooth (basic user).

Thank you very much for the hard work RMerlin !

No going back from 382/384 versions ? I have reverted from 382 to 369 without any issues on my AC68U.

Only for the RT-AC3200. Please read the initial post.

Is this FW working well on the AC 3200 now . I'm still running 380,69.2 as there is no going back from 382/384 FW . Amy input appreciated .
Thanks

It's been working perfectly on my AC3200 since the first pre-release. All the alphas and this beta work perfectly for me.

@RMerlin

I noticed that Roaming Assistent is enabled by default now. I think this is because of the introduction of AiMesh. But wouldn't it be better for the Merlin firmware to keep it disabled in the default settings, to prevent unwanted wireless disconnects?

In release/src/router/shared/defaults.c should we set both wl_user_rssi and wl0_user_rssi to zero instead of these new RTCONFIG_AMAS defaults?

Code:
#if defined(RTCONFIG_AMAS)
   { "wl_user_rssi", "-70", CKN_STR3, CKN_TYPE_DEFAULT, CKN_ACC_LEVEL_DEFAULT, CKN_ENC_DEFAULT, 0 }, /* enabled by default for amas */
   { "wl0_user_rssi", "-55", CKN_STR3, CKN_TYPE_DEFAULT, CKN_ACC_LEVEL_DEFAULT, CKN_ENC_DEFAULT, 0 },
#else
   { "wl_user_rssi", "0", CKN_STR3, CKN_TYPE_DEFAULT, CKN_ACC_LEVEL_DEFAULT, CKN_ENC_DEFAULT, 0 },   /* disabled by default */
#endif

@RMerlin

I noticed that Roaming Assistent is enabled by default now. I think this is because of the introduction of AiMesh. But wouldn't it be better for the Merlin firmware to keep it disabled in the default settings, to prevent unwanted wireless disconnects?

In release/src/router/shared/defaults.c should we set both wl_user_rssi and wl0_user_rssi to zero instead of these new RTCONFIG_AMAS defaults?

Code:
#if defined(RTCONFIG_AMAS)
   { "wl_user_rssi", "-70", CKN_STR3, CKN_TYPE_DEFAULT, CKN_ACC_LEVEL_DEFAULT, CKN_ENC_DEFAULT, 0 }, /* enabled by default for amas */
   { "wl0_user_rssi", "-55", CKN_STR3, CKN_TYPE_DEFAULT, CKN_ACC_LEVEL_DEFAULT, CKN_ENC_DEFAULT, 0 },
#else
   { "wl_user_rssi", "0", CKN_STR3, CKN_TYPE_DEFAULT, CKN_ACC_LEVEL_DEFAULT, CKN_ENC_DEFAULT, 0 },   /* disabled by default */
#endif

The roaming assistant doesn't work at all here! I set it to -75 but sometimes it happens that devices stay connected with -80. Why is that?
So it doesn't work for me! This option can therefore be standardized 'off' in the merlin firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!