What's new

Blocking incoming connection on RT-AC68U stock firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thasan10

New Around Here
Hello all,

I have an RT-AC68U where I have setup an OpenVPN server. The problem is now, I have a set of IPs from outside trying to connect (obviously not me). They do not manage to connect but keep trying. Is it possible to setup a rule to block a subnet from connecting? I tried using Port Forwarding to forward the traffic to a non-existing internal IP but I didn't success obviously.
Help appreciated.

I doubt you can block it using just the options available in the stock firmware's web interface.

The same question was asked here and as you can see even if you were using Merlin's firmware you'd have to create two user scripts.

A simple but effective approach is to use a non-standard port for the VPN server.

I doubt you can block it using just the options available in the stock firmware's web interface.

The same question was asked here and as you can see even if you were using Merlin's firmware you'd have to create two user scripts.

A simple but effective approach is to use a non-standard port for the VPN server.
Thanks for the input. I have considered changing the port for a different reason. This will give me one more reason to do so.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!