1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Blocking incoming connection on RT-AC68U stock firmware

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by thasan10, Oct 19, 2018.

1. thasan10

thasan10 New Around Here

Hello all,

I have an RT-AC68U where I have setup an OpenVPN server. The problem is now, I have a set of IPs from outside trying to connect (obviously not me). They do not manage to connect but keep trying. Is it possible to setup a rule to block a subnet from connecting? I tried using Port Forwarding to forward the traffic to a non-existing internal IP but I didn't success obviously.
    Help appreciated.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. ApexRon

ApexRon Senior Member

4. thasan10

thasan10 New Around Here

I know who it is. I still wanna block it.

5. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

I doubt you can block it using just the options available in the stock firmware's web interface.

The same question was asked here and as you can see even if you were using Merlin's firmware you'd have to create two user scripts.

A simple but effective approach is to use a non-standard port for the VPN server.

6. thasan10

thasan10 New Around Here

Thanks for the input. I have considered changing the port for a different reason. This will give me one more reason to do so.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!