What's new

CakeQOS CakeQOS-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When I entered
Code:
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos update
the update failed because nat-start didn't exist yet. I think we should build in the ability to create a nat-start script if it doesn't exist yet. I created nat-start and reran the update command, and it said it was complete; but there was no start instruction in nat-start. So I ran the instruction
Code:
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos enable 38Mbit 9.5Mbit besteffort ether-vlan
and then the entry in nat-start was added. The entry in nat-start is new and looks like this:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos start 38Mbit 9.5Mbit "besteffort" & # cake-qos
makes me wonder where the overhead instruction ended up?

If you have more than one custom parameter, you need to enclose them all as a single parameter in inverted commas.

Correct, it would look something like:

Code:
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos enable 38Mbit 9.5Mbit "besteffort ether-vlan"

New release v0.0.6
- Implemented watchdog (it'll be installed automatically when starting script)
- No need anymore to do install nor enable. When doing cake-qos start XXMBit XXMBit "param" the script will auto do the necessary things
- Readme updated with new instructions
- Bugfixes

Just remember that this is a WIP, so it MAY have bugs. Please test it and report it on github issues page. Thanks

When I entered
Code:
the update failed because nat-start didn't exist yet. I think we should build in the ability to create a nat-start script if it doesn't exist yet. I created nat-start and reran the update command, and it said it was complete; but there was no start instruction in nat-start. So I ran the instruction
Code:
and then the entry in nat-start was added.
Same happened to me, and I used similar steps to rectify.

Make sure you manually remove the entry from services-start as well.

Just remember that this is a WIP, so it MAY have bugs. Please test it and report it on github issues page. Thanks
Received an error on update.

Code:
CakeQOS-Merlin - v0.0.5: Your cake binaries are up-to-date.
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos: line 352: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")
admin@router:/tmp/home/root# /jffs/scripts/cake-qos update

Received an error on update.

Code:
CakeQOS-Merlin - v0.0.5: Your cake binaries are up-to-date.
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos: line 352: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")
admin@router:/tmp/home/root# /jffs/scripts/cake-qos update
maybe it is because the update is changing the contents of Cake-qos without negotiating a new process after complete of the update? because i do not see any syntax errors on line 352

When I entered
Code:
Code:
and then the entry in nat-start was added. The entry in nat-start is new and looks like this:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos start 38Mbit 9.5Mbit "besteffort" & # cake-qos
makes me wonder where the overhead instruction ended up?

nat-start is being created if not present:

Code:
printf "#!/bin/sh\n\n/jffs/scripts/$SCRIPT_NAME start ${2} ${3} \"${4}\" & # $SCRIPT_NAME_FANCY"  >> /jffs/scripts/nat-start

also you have to put the options inside "", as this:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos start 38Mbit 9.5Mbit "besteffort ether-vlan"

and now you can use start instead of enable

github is having cache problems right now.
Despite all the commits are there, when downloading raw, it's getting an older version. It happened to me also.

Please try:
I notice this is quite common, it is recommended to implement an md5check so it will skip the update if the md5 change is not detected. that way it is not uselessly updating the /jffs/scripts/cake-qos script if there were no detected changes to it. looks like the script uses an md5check though.

All of the other options listed on the man-page work, so I can't see why not. I did give an example command line.
tried autorate-ingress
it was applied to both UL and DL queues.
the rates were constantly changing. sometimes the UL limit was set to high and the DL limit to low.
not using for now.
will set a job to reduce the UL limit during work hours

I notice this is quite common, it is recommended to implement an md5check so it will skip the update if the md5 change is not detected. that way it is not uselessly updating the /jffs/scripts/cake-qos script if there were no detected changes to it. looks like the script uses an md5check though.
yes, but as the old raw version is in cache, it'll get the old md5, making it to believe there is an update...

Nothing big to do, github's problems :( Have to deal with it - at least the cache is only of a couple of minutes...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!