What's new

CakeQOS CakeQOS-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just installed on another router that has a bad graph over the last 7 days. It will be interesting to see how it looks over the next few days. Keep me honest @heysoundude

My pings (and system jitter - that people don’t really understand but they should because it’s a big deal if you’re clocking system devices with your router) vary depending on which range of my ISP’s WAN IPs I am assigned to...I’m working up to installing cake in place of FreshJR to see if it eliminates that. And as to packet loss, mine seems to be low enough not to matter, but again, if cake smooths that out to nil, and it all contributes to a noticeably better internet user experience, you’ll have won a fan in me. If that happens, I’ll want to reward you, so set up a bitcoin wallet for me to do so, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only supported on HND AFAIK. I assume the installer checks for the architecture to prevent installs on non-HND?

Make a PR.
(Hey look, peeps, [mention]Jack Yaz [/mention] is helping y’all!)

You can’t have your cake and install it too. :D

Well, once the 68 needs upgrading they can.

I would love to, but I've got my hands full with a NordVPN manager project at the moment!

Don’t sell yourself short- that’s help from an install script POV

Gotta say, if you have a qualified device, try this out it works really well on my AX88U.

My pings (and system jitter - that people don’t really understand but they should because it’s a big deal if you’re clocking system devices with your router) vary depending on which range of my ISP’s WAN IPs I am assigned to...I’m working up to installing cake in place of FreshJR to see if it eliminates that. And as to packet loss, mine seems to be low enough not to matter, but again, if cake smooths that out to nil, and it all contributes to a noticeably better internet user experience, you’ll have won a fan in me. If that happens, I’ll want to reward you, so set up a bitcoin wallet for me to do so, please.

My jitter etc. has been clean throughout so didn't care to post those. The pings are gonna definitely be interesting, as well as you mentioned for those who have high jitter on their connection as well.

The nice part is that: Runner: Enabled - Flow Cache: Enabled
Makes for a fast experience.

No such thing as a southern Canadian. I live 180 miles north of the US line so I would be a southern Canadian... jus saying!