What's new

CakeQOS CakeQOS-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

right...forgot it was on github. thanks

Thanks for v 1.0.3 @Adamm
This fixed the issue i had with jitter while gaming with not load on or other devices on my network. I went back to cake now since this is fixed, much better loaded latency then asus qos.

Last edited:
After doing an cake update, do I need to reboot, or will cake right itself at the top of the hour, or did it take immediately after updating? Looking at the logs, that suggests to me that cake was stopped, then updated, then restarted with the new version. Is anything else needed?

After doing an cake update, do I need to reboot, or will cake right itself at the top of the hour, or did it take immediately after updating? Looking at the logs, that suggests to me that cake was stopped, then updated, then restarted with the new version. Is anything else needed?

You’re all done.
If in doubt, 3, then 3, check general status....

I updated earlier today to the latest fw. Has anyone noticed on YouTube videos were the videos audio is off and not synchronize?

Maybe its just my connection but something feels off right now. We'll keep testing my connection. Just thought I would get your guys input. I'm sure it's just me...Thanks!

Last edited:
Here's what I get. What does this tell me?

#########################################################

CakeQOS-Merlin: > Download Status:
qdisc cake 800d: dev ifb9eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 107Mbit besteffort triple-isolate nat wash ingress no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 30.0ms noatm overhead 18 mpu 64 no-sce

CakeQOS-Merlin: > Upload Status:
qdisc cake 800c: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 5400Kbit besteffort triple-isolate nat nowash no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 30.0ms noatm overhead 18 mpu 64 no-sce

Here's what I get. What does this tell me?

CakeQOS-Merlin: > Download Status:
qdisc cake 800d: dev ifb9eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 107Mbit besteffort triple-isolate nat wash ingress no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 30.0ms noatm overhead 18 mpu 64 no-sce

CakeQOS-Merlin: > Upload Status:
qdisc cake 800c: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 5400Kbit besteffort triple-isolate nat nowash no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 30.0ms noatm overhead 18 mpu 64 no-sce

Tells you everything is working & happy.
If Cake had stopped working for some reason, it would be complaining in this read out.

Any way to roll back to 1.0.2? Either that or I have to reinstall it.. I did a hard reset after updating to 1.0.4. and gaming feels really choppy

Any way to roll back to 1.0.2? Either that or I have to reinstall it.. I did a hard reset after updating to 1.0.4. and gaming feels really choppy
Same settings as before when you were using .2?

Phew been away for some time due to work commitments, but wow, nice progress. Even the forums changed up :p

Welcome @Odkrys - thanks for helping out (been bugging you for a bit), and @Adamm as per usual. Really appreciate it everyone.

Will update the main post with the changelog.