What's new

Beta [FORK] [DSL] [TESTERS] GNUton's Alpha/Beta Merlin builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

its the same as that one on asus website. but this one was sold by optus with model number DSL AX5400. Not as ax82u. but i believe both r same except the firmware lock on optus. Thanks
have you enable SSH on your administrator page?

1651978969542.png

Just uploaded to the latest Beta for my DSL AX82U and first off I noticed when setting up a warning page is missing, once I got in to my route I started setting bits up but noticed out of the corner of my eye that the RGB was off, I then rebooted the router the RGB went red like normal then once it loaded in the RGB turned off! not blue like default.
This is a copy of the page that was missing.
Missing.png

After I notice the above problems, I thought to my self I revert back to the 386.5_0_2-Gnuton, trying to do so I got unsuccessful flash, I Soft reset via restore factory defaults in the UI, rebooted and I tried again, and the 2ed time it flashed, after that flashed I then Hard reset the router then soft reset. and loaded my old settings.

But I can not believe the RGB is not working it was buggy in the last stable release as I reported, sure you would of checked the basics :(

This is how I connect to SSH using windows 11 default.

Windows 11 Lastest SSH Setup
First start a command prompt then run power shell, then in power shell run the below command.

# This checks to see if openssh is installed on the system.
Get-WindowsCapability -Online | Where-Object Name -like 'OpenSSH*'

once the check is done. by default client was installed yet the server was not so only run the open ssh server commands

# Install the OpenSSH Client
Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name OpenSSH.Client~~~~0.0.1.0

# Install the OpenSSH Server
Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name OpenSSH.Server~~~~0.0.1.0

Once done i then run the commands we need to start the openssh system service

# Start the sshd service
Start-Service sshd

# OPTIONAL but recommended:
Set-Service -Name sshd -StartupType 'Manual'

Once thats done type ssh then the router admin user name follower by the host name of your router also need to include the port so it would be
ssh -p 2204 admin@myrouter

Once finished with SSH i then run from Powershell Stop-Service sshd

@TrebleTA yes AURA RGB is currenty not working on the DSL-AX82U, that's a known issue.
I do not get the "This is a copy of the page that was missing." can you please elaborate more?

Sure mate, once you installed the new firmware, then restore factory, you get the set up wizard in that you select manual then set up, once you entered wifi name and pass I would then click next then get the above screen then next and I would get the router name and pass page. Yet in the beta the above was missing can not conferm more as on your older release

P.s So the RGB is work in progress :)

Last edited:
I am testing 386.07_0-gnuton0_alpha0 for a week now on my DSL-AC68U and it factions normally, I don't see any instability.
The only issue that I had was the NVRAM is getting full again, so I had to ssh the usual command
(for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit)
to make it go back to the normal amount again.

@GNUton

Have had the current 386.07_0-gnuton0_beta1 running on my RT-AX82U , working great by the way. The only small problem, I have, is that the router picture is not displaying, node pictures display without any issue, and phone app also displays ALL router pictures without any issue. Have attached a screen dump of the error from gui, using the F12 develpment console, from Chrome.

Note I have tried multiple full resets and different browsers, clearing cache.. No ad blocking software.

Current GUI URL:

https://nw-dlcdnet.asus.com/plugin/productIcons/RT-AX82U_CB_0.png - does not work - 404 error not found. The requested URL was not found on this server.

Change the above GUI URL, to this link within the browser:

https://nw-dlcdnet.asus.com/plugin/productIcons/RT-AX82U.png - works, an image is found

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    101 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@Zendilar as for the DSL-AC68U, that warning is a regression of how the NVRAM is calculated in the web ui.
Just ignore it for now. I have already fixed this yesterday night and the fix will come with the new beta2 this weekend.

@GNUton can you change (add) the UI for admin dsl settings for a Vectoring State option of enable or disable. Also will Annex B option be in the next update?

The above has nothing with a Vectoring State option, my dsl dont support it so I want to disable, also annex b is not there in the drop down list