What's new

How to disable wifi 6 on AiMesh node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

farhanito

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have mixed AiMesh network with AC as main and AX as node. Problem is, my Oculus Quest 2 (wifi 6) is stubbornly connected to AX node, despite being closer to my main AC router (with a lot better signal). I've tried messing with roaming assistant with no success. Disabling wifi 6 through mobile app doesn't seems to work either.

I do have SSH access. Is there any command that i can try to do so?

Thanks

Are the nodes connected by wire? If so, ditch AiMesh and put the second router into AP mode. You will now have full control over your router and be able to better utilize features and radio spectrum. If a wire is available for backhaul, I'd never use AiMesh.

Hi,

I have mixed AiMesh network with AC as main and AX as node. Problem is, my Oculus Quest 2 (wifi 6) is stubbornly connected to AX node, despite being closer to my main AC router (with a lot better signal). I've tried messing with roaming assistant with no success. Disabling wifi 6 through mobile app doesn't seems to work either.

I do have SSH access. Is there any command that i can try to do so?

Thanks

Do you want to bind your Oculus to your AC router rather than the AX node? If so, you can click on the AiMesh menu. From that menu find the client you want to bind on the Client List (right side of screen). Click the Bind and then select the Router or Node. Then OK.

Do you want to bind your Oculus to your AC router rather than the AX node? If so, you can click on the AiMesh menu. From that menu find the client you want to bind on the Client List (right side of screen). Click the Bind and then select the Router or Node. Then OK.
No, I'm not trying to bind them. I was expecting the oculus to connect to closest, better signal node. I found that excellent signal wifi 5 is still faster than fair signal wifi 6. But the oculus seems to prioritize wifi 6 connection (I'm not sure if it's supposed to work like that).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!