What's new

Is there anyway to get my repeater to use a different channel?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tadow

Occasional Visitor
My repeater is using the same channel as the main router and so is my Roku4 (which is another story /me shakes fist), but since I can't convince the Roku4 to not be stupid, can I change the channel that the repeater uses? I don't see it in the web settings.

Repeaters by design must use the same channel as the router/AP they are repeating because they have only one set of radios.

The exception is NETGEAR's EX8000, which has a dedicated 5 GHz radio for connecting back to the router. You can set its client-connecting radios to whatever you want.

If your Roku4 is connecting via Wi-Fi, what channel do you expect it to use?

A bit after I posted this I figured out why the Roku was re-using my channel for the remote wifi direct network, because it only has one radio. So it would stand to reason that this is the same. Thanks.

A bit after I posted this I figured out why the Roku was re-using my channel for the remote wifi direct network, because it only has one radio. So it would stand to reason that this is the same. Thanks.
Can you log the Roku into 5GHz (for best speed) while using 2.4GHz for repeating (for best range)?

That's basically what I ended up doing. That way I can reduce the 5Ghz interference which I seem to have the most issues with. Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!