What's new

[R7800 X4S] - no PPTP connection on latest firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sergio_live

New Around Here
Hey guys!

A few days ago I unpacked my new Netgear R7800 and realized that it’s on the v1.0.2.32 stock firmware.
I set up my PPTP credentials with server IP (just to ensure router works well) and had a connection right out of the box.

After I updated to the latest v1.0.2.58 stock firmware I lost my PPTP connection. I did a factory reset, set up from scratch again, but with no success. I have no connection.
k3QtYjv.png

But then I discovered this forum, custom firmware (thanks Voxel!) and decided to update to v1.0.2.60SF.
Same issue! No connection.

Next day I decided to go back to the v1.0.2.32 stock firmware. Everything was good there!
RXqpCjt.png

I had a connection but was a bit frustrated that I’m not on last firmware with all those security and performance fixes.

At next I decided to go back to Voxel firmware starting from v34SF. Then 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 41.
On v43SF it stops connecting. I did a factory reset, set up from scratch again, it doesn’t help.
Back on v41SF and it connects.
Sounds like magic.

Checked Voxel’s changelog and realized that v43SF (no connection) is based on stock v38.
v41SF (have a connection) is based on a previous stock one.

What do you think about this strange issue, guys?
What is changed (between v41SF and v43SF) that resulted in no connection on my side?
Why doesn't it connect using PPTP on the latest firmware (both stock and Voxel)?

p.s.: I’m confused a bit. Maybe I can't see an obvious reason.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!