What's new

RT-AC66R Slow WiFi performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

psychosunshine

New Around Here
I have an Asus RT-AC66R set up as my Router connected to a Motorola Arris Surfboard SB6141 (fast cable modem).

I have slow WiFi performance when trying to surf the net, youtube videos or updating apps on my android or iphone connected to my WiFi network. I do not have any devices consuming my bandwidth. I have the fastest speed offered by Brighthouse. I have a total of 17 to 20 devices connected to my network. 4 wired, 10 on the 2.4GHz, and 5 on the 5GHz. I usually notice this issue mostly on mobile devices and not on laptops, etc...

It seems like with the fast internet that I have, that I should not have any hesitations when upgrading apps, etc. When I am having problems with my cell phone, I can turn off WiFi and use my cellular data with better performance. Which, makes no sense to me.

I have both the 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz networks in use. And, I've tried connecting to both with the same issues.

I don't think it is a range issue, as I get the same results near and far from the router. I think it may be a setting or just a crappy router. I would be willing to purchase a newer Asus WiFi router. But, I would like to try a few things before I take the plunge.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!