What's new

[solved] RT-AC88U, upload hell fast, download crawling

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Norbert Preining

New Around Here
Dear all,

I am running the Asuswrt Merlin 384.13 on my RT-AC88U, which I installed today as replacement for a broken NetGear R7000.

My provider does not ask for anything (user/pass etc) and setup was dead easy. Unfortunately, the connection speeds (as measured with rsync/scp as well as speedtest.net) are very strange ...

Uploading I get about 5MB/s (as reported by scp/rsync), but downloading I get something like 100-500KB/s, which is - well - abysmal (all tested with the same server on the other side which is Gb network on datacenter, as well as cloud services).

This is over cable connection to the router, QoS disabled, after a firmware reset and reconfiguration.

I searched around and found suggestions for 68U to disable some settings which are not present on my router.

Any suggestion what I could try out?

I assume you are on cable. I recommend power down your modem for about 15 minutes, then try again, to ensure your ISP equipment forget about the old router and properly detect the new one.

Might also be worth replacing the Ethernet cables just in case.

Hi RMerlin,
thanks for your hint. It did this, two times, powered down all devices, all extenders etc, and restarted one by one with breaks between them. This seems to have fixed it, somehow. I get reasonable speeds now (tested on cable and wlan). Thanks for the hint!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!