What's new

Syslog - Monitoring Router Log Remotely

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bitmonster

I have installed Kiwi Syslog server on Windows 10, and have set the target IP address to my fixed PC address and tried disabling all firewalls, but I am not getting anything showing on Kiwi Syslog.

I want to monitor the router logs, and ideally perform some analysis e.g. significant events, firewall logs etc.

Has anyone got Syslog working with this router?

Using RT-AC86u with latest Merlin.

Thanks..

I have installed Kiwi Syslog server on Windows 10, and have set the target IP address to my fixed PC address and tried disabling all firewalls, but I am not getting anything showing on Kiwi Syslog.

I want to monitor the router logs, and ideally perform some analysis e.g. significant events, firewall logs etc.

Thanks..
All firewalls including your router ? o_O:eek::eek:

Thanks..
You could try scribe it has syslog-ng after setting up the right parameters inside the conf file you may get it to work. I know it can send files remotely to sources like logly. You can get more info if @cmkelley is listening. Or cruise over to the scribe thread and post this same question.

Installed but still not showing anything. I may need to configure or. Wow it's already an improvement in the GUI too. The logs are actually useful now.

Installed but still not showing anything. I may need to configure or. Wow it's already an improvement in the GUI too. The logs are actually useful now.
Credit for making the GUI show the logs in a useful manner is 100% to @Jack Yaz. I wouldn't have had a single clue on how to manipulate the GUI.