What's new

TUF-AX5400 Can't reach 1 Gbps with Wi-Fi 6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frax

New Around Here
Hello,

I have 1 Gbps internet but I can reach only 500 Mbps max on Wi-Fi 6. with CAT6 cable, i can reach easily 940 Mbps.
I did factory reset, basic tweaks or using with default settings. None of them work.
I'm currently using with 80MHz / DFS. I tried non-DFS channels and 160MHz but no solution.
I turned back to Asuswrt but it gives same speed just like Merlin.
My client is able to reach 2200 Mbps TX Rate.
Aiprotection/QoS off.

Any suggests please?

Did you enable it for all bands? Does it show AX in task manager under network?

1663421930423.png

Well, then it's either the router or the PC. Since you mentioned the phone not hitting the speeds I would venture to say you have something enabled on the router that's slowing things down. I use an AP without all the junk they put on routers and it runs faster.

What card is in your PC? You'll need 160mhz to get to 1gbps or close to it at least.
Are we sure? From memory, I've historically I've managed around 900Mbps+ with the clients below!
ax.png

Edit, so I thought I'd better do some tests, and it looks like my memory failed me! The highest throughput I managed using iPerf3 was just 360Mbps! Either that or I used an app that performed a synthetic test!

Edit 2, that was in upload mode! Downloading to devices it is hitting 876Mbps!

Last edited:
70% of 1134 slightly better since that's about 800mbps.

Once you get ~1300 and above you can get gig+ speeds. Of course if you have a 3*3 or 4*4 card then it's easier with multi stream data.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!