What's new

Upgraded my AX86u to latest firmware and having issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

3s1k

Regular Contributor
I updated the latest version (3.0.0.4.386_45898) and now I can't watch any YouTube or Netflix on any device in the house. Also any Alexa devices now.

For instance. My Galaxy s20 can browse the internet but YouTube, kids YouTube just spin and spin when I click a video and the thumbnails are missing.

All my Alexa dots can't are offline. My Firetv will play videos on Amazon but Netflix gets a connection error. So damn weird. It's as if the router is blocking certain devices and apps.

See this is all I see when I try to watch YouTube and kids YouTube. When I turn wifi off everything works. My 3 computer are still online and connecting to the web. I'm using my s20 to write this. Web browsing is not affected.
Screenshot_20211008-163442_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20211008-163404_YT Kids.jpg

Not having any issues here on the "new" firmware. I did an upgrade yesterday via the Android app.
Might be a good idea to do a power cycle. Pull the power from the "brick" and leave the power off for a minute.
If all else fails do a Hard Factory Reset then manually configure.
Use Dual Band SmartConnect
2.4 GHz @ 20 MHz on channel 1, 6 or 11
5 GHz @ 160 MHz on channel 36
WPA2/WPA3-Personal
WPS off unless using AiMesh
You might want to try a different DNS upstream resolver. I use DoT with Cloudflare Secure (1.1.1.2, 1.0.0.2)

Family today has been streaming via Roku, Acorn and video from the NAS with no issues

I did the update via the Android app as well. Just need another test.
Netflix - connection error and 1 of 3 servers can connect
Amazon prime video - works fine
Discovery+ streaming- works fine
YouTube and kids YT - won't play anything.

I tested this on my s20, my wife's s20, iPad and iPhone and Amazon Fore stick.

This leads me to believe it's a DNS issue. I went into the Router settings via the app. I had DNS set manually and OpenDNS server selected. I changed those both to Google DNS and everything that previously was not working, is now working fine on (both S20, FireTV, iPad).

So odd that after the firmware upgrade that the DNS partially stopped working. My only conclusion is that the latest firmware had a bunch of security patches and may prevented the use of OpenDNS.

since the past 2 released firmwares, my 2.4ghz stops working. Even with this latest october release same thing. my 2.4ghz loses connectivity, and just stops working. I cannot even ping the router IP on anything that 'shows connected to 2.4ghz'. For any new device trying to join 2.4ghz, access point shows and is broadcasted but cannot join/connect successfully.

Only the june firmware runs rock stable for me. I did hardware full reset by holding wps button + manual power button method before flashing this firmware and made no difference.

I did the update via the Android app as well. Just need another test.
Netflix - connection error and 1 of 3 servers can connect
Amazon prime video - works fine
Discovery+ streaming- works fine
YouTube and kids YT - won't play anything.

I tested this on my s20, my wife's s20, iPad and iPhone and Amazon Fore stick.

This leads me to believe it's a DNS issue. I went into the Router settings via the app. I had DNS set manually and OpenDNS server selected. I changed those both to Google DNS and everything that previously was not working, is now working fine on (both S20, FireTV, iPad).

So odd that after the firmware upgrade that the DNS partially stopped working. My only conclusion is that the latest firmware had a bunch of security patches and may prevented the use of OpenDNS.
I should confess that I am using a Pi-Hole with an Unbound front end for DNS. I did have some DNS issues last week and decided to give Unbound a try. So far it works well. Am using Pi-Hole to block Malware, Spyware and trackers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!