What's new

Why does the router keep renaming my drive as DRIVENAME(1)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

S

sorinut

I have a Sandisk flash drive plugged into the USB 2 plug on my RT-AC56U and a 4tb hard drive plugged into the USB 3 port.

About 9 out 10 times, when I reboot, the sandisk drive will be named SANDISK(1), when the name is just SANDISK. It never happens to the hard drive. It's annoying because I have things on the networked mapped to that drive name. I have done an NVRAM reset and it does the same thing. It's happened across the at least the last six month of firmwares available.

Here is some (possibly) relevant logs.

Code:
Jan 25 15:46:13 usb: USB /dev/sdb1(unknown) failed to mount At the first try!
Jan 25 15:46:13 kernel: tfat: fail_safe is enabled
Jan 25 15:46:13 kernel: tntfs info (device sdb1, pid 1251): ntfs_fill_super(): fail_safe is enabled
Jan 25 15:46:15 hotplug[1018]: USB partition unmounted from /tmp/mnt/SANDISK
Jan 25 15:46:15 rc_service: hotplug 1018:notify_rc restart_nasapps
Jan 25 15:46:15 rc_service: hotplug 1021:notify_rc restart_nasapps
Jan 25 15:46:15 rc_service: waitting "restart_nasapps" via hotplug ...

Which version of the firmware?
and the detailed sandisk information

I'm currently running the newest firmware, 3.0.0.4.380.3264, but it's been happening on every firmware (I stay up to date) for at leas the last six months.

The flash drive is "SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-032G-B35"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00812F7O8/?tag=snbforums-20

I use it to store my rstats and cstats files, as well as hosting some files for my network.

On the Wireless > Professional tab for 2.4GHz, try setting the option
Reducing USB 3.0 Interference to Disable.

That didn't change anything.

EDIT: After doing some more log research, I decided to re-do the flash drive as EXT2 (previously it was FAT32). So far, so good!

Last edited by a moderator: