What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the looks of this thread, alpha is going well. Maybe see a beta soon?

@htismaqe, we've just seen Alpha 2 released yesterday. :)

From the looks of this thread, alpha is going well. Maybe see a beta soon?
I ran alpha_1 on one of my two AX88U for three weeks now and decided to updated both today to alpha_2 since I didn't encounter any major issue on alpha_1. I think it's pretty save now to try out alpha_2.

Never had amtm before and now I do. Never even enabled jffs or custom scripts. Everything was handled by amtm upon first run.

Excellent work, thelonelycoder.

#ThisIsTheWay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT-AX88 with fist alpha 2. Network connection, wifi performance are ok. However, Division mess up after update. It can't block ad. anymore. Another bug maybe the CPU usage, I have disable all "add-on". But all 4 cores keep running around 60%+. Flash back to last alpha 1. Everything work again.

Last edited:
Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V384.14 Final to V384.15_alpha2 via dirty firmware upgrade. 30+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U router and backup AC3100 router.

I am very conservative, so normally I don't use even Betas. I didn't flashed 384.14 because of many reports regarding Wi-Fi and stability issues. Now I see the 384.15 alpha2 demonstrates exceptional stability, so I am considerng to flash it. Any suggestions about dirty flashing it over 384.13? Nothing special in my configuration - just two OpenVPN servers (TCP and UDP, both TAP), entware, amtm and scmerlin. The OpenVPN servers are critical, as I am a road warrior, my daughter and her boyfriend also, so we need them when we are traveling in "special" countries. In my LAN I have a NAS, two desktops, 4 laptops, and 3 smartphones.

I am very conservative, so normally I don't use even Betas. I didn't flashed 384.14 because of many reports regarding Wi-Fi and stability issues. Now I see the 384.15 alpha2 demonstrates exceptional stability, so I am considerng to flash it. Any suggestions about dirty flashing it over 384.13? Nothing special in my configuration - just two OpenVPN servers (TCP and UDP, both TAP), entware, amtm and scmerlin. The OpenVPN servers are critical, as I am a road warrior, my daughter and her boyfriend also, so we need them when we are traveling in "special" countries. In my LAN I have a NAS, two desktops, 4 laptops, and 3 smartphones.

Note this post: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/384-15_alpha-builds-testing-all-variants.60731/page-16#post-544242

@netware5
I would suggest an M&M config coming from 384.13. A clean install and configuration will give you the best results.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

@Clark Griswald, thank you very much for your suggestion. I am familiar with M&M config, but do you thing that it is really needed for this small version jump? I am very busy man and always try to avoid such operation. Especially because my wife's addiction to some online games, which leads to very strong discussions in case the internet connection is out of service for time longer than router reboot :D

@netware5 if I'm not mistaken, 384.15 requires an M&M Config because of changes to the wireless drivers. Please double check.

Update amtm and all scripts as much as possible before you flash to the Alpha 2. Flash away and be prepared for an M&M Config if the gremlins show up. :)

@netware5 if I'm not mistaken, 384.15 requires an M&M Config because of changes to the wireless drivers. Please double check.

Update amtm and all scripts as much as possible before you flash to the Alpha 2. Flash away and be prepared for an M&M Config if the gremlins show up. :)

Thank you, @L&LD! I will check again.

I don't know how long this problem exists, but I can't export my openvpn config anymore.

I just see the message "Initialinzing the settings of OpenVPN server now, please wait a few minutes to let the server to setup completed before VPN clients establish the connection. " forever. VPN status page tells me "OpenVPN Server 1 - Running".. Even defaulting the openvpn config doesn't change that.. Any hints here? :(

EDIT: Nevermind, found that thread here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-ac86u-merlin-384-6-openvpn-server-initializing.47992/

EDIT: The command "service restart_vpnserver1" sadly doesn't seem to fix my problem :(

Last edited:
I don't know how long this problem exists, but I can't export my openvpn config anymore.

I just see the message "Initialinzing the settings of OpenVPN server now, please wait a few minutes to let the server to setup completed before VPN clients establish the connection. " forever. VPN status page tells me "OpenVPN Server 1 - Running".. Even defaulting the openvpn config doesn't change that.. Any hints here? :(

EDIT: Nevermind, found that thread here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-ac86u-merlin-384-6-openvpn-server-initializing.47992/

EDIT: The command "service restart_vpnserver1" sadly doesn't seem to fix my problem :(
I have issue now as well with alpha 2, and tried the services-start lines, no joy here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!