What's new

[384.9_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dcd crashes are a known issue of the stock RT-AC86U firmware, there are already nearly a dozen posts about it.

ok but now how to execute it when ssh not accessible ?
Return to last stable firmware? That's what I did. It's an alpha version, bugs are expected.

I have been doing dirty upgrades since 384.0 and beyond on rt-ac86u. I compiled almost all builds myself and thanks @RMerlin for your hard work making the builds accessible to all of us technically inclined. The firmware problems keep getting smaller and smaller as Asus fixes their problems as well as the snb programmers. Good job.

Upgraded my 86U and booted the router once the update completed to see whether the changes @john9527 made would help my router finally perform a clean boot.

The router is booting for more than 20 minutes now and still only at 47%... :(

EDIT: after more than 30 minutes it "completed", but became completely unresponsive. Had to power it off and on again...

The boot was still clean though! :)

Last edited:
Turned on AiProtection to show a neighbour the settings .

Log shows this every 2 minutes :

Code:
Dec 28 07:02:10 kernel: Anomaly Undefined op out 2

Stops when AiProtection is shut down.
thanks that fixed log entries and high ram usage now back at 64 mb ram instead o 136mb and temps droped 3 deg on cpu

thanks that fixed log entries and high ram usage now back at 64 mb ram instead o 136mb and temps droped 3 deg on cpu
So you would rather turn off a security feature so you can run an alpha? :rolleyes::oops:

just done factory default and the apply button is not working on administration->system tab ?
AC3200.
is there way to set the enable jffs to true via some commands ?

On my AC86U I have to enter my password in both fields to get the Apply button to work.

I tried it. It does not resolve the problem with the "Apply Button" not working...
I thought I would try it. I selected usb2 (it was set to usb3) clicked apply and it rebooted the router. The setting took just fine. AC3100.
Edit: Ahh I see this is an issue for the AC86U.

& another thing, I’m not seeing any AiProtect IPS complaints with 384.9 alpha1.
Normally I see dozens per day, go figure?

So you would rather turn off a security feature so you can run an alpha? :rolleyes::oops:

When it is a "security feature" that is very seriously flawed ........ yes.

Not for this thread but AiProtection is NOT doing anything at all much of the time, it simply stops doing anything and yet the same offending IP addresses that AiP previously blocked as malicious are clearly visible in the router logs every day.

AiP goes mad , reporting large numbers of "attacks" per day then suddenly stops doing anything, doesn't update signatures , blocks nothing for 4-5 weeks .

Last edited:
I tried it. It does not resolve the problem with the "Apply Button" not working...

The issue on that page is a few new nvram variables are missing in the html code, causing an undefined error.

& another thing, I’m not seeing any AiProtect IPS complaints with 384.9 alpha1.
Normally I see dozens per day, go figure?

Known bug in stock firmware, IPS incidents are not being reported.

Return to last stable firmware? That's what I did. It's an alpha version, bugs are expected.
i know, but i like this one ...

i done minimum configuration on this page in previous version after factory reset then upgraded to alpha and now i dont need to configure system page so no need to press Apply :)

my compters are well protected , no problems so farhave never used the trend on the router until this update , not worried without trend and if it fills the log with garbage and uses double the ram . i'll keep it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!